Chapter 14

Karan called one of his informers and asked, "Did you properly investigate Manik's background information?"

"Is there a problem, sir?" the other side's informer asked respectfully.

Karan, with a hint of suspicion in his voice, questioned his informer, "Did he have any romantic history before Navya? And are you certain that he does not have any feelings for her currently?"

The informer responded to Karan's questioning, "He agreed to the marriage as it was arranged by his parents, and I can assure you that he doesn't have any romantic feelings towards her. I have thoroughly investigated his college background information and he has never been involved in any love affairs."

Upon hearing the informer's response, Karan ended the call with a sense of satisfaction.

★★★

"Nandini, feeling frustrated with her parents' constant pressure for her to get married and give up her job, stormed into her room and, without checking who was calling, answered the phone with a irritated "Hello"."

Manik, noticing Nandini's agitation, couldn't help but chuckle before asking with genuine concern, "Oh, hold on, what happened? Why are you so irritated?".

"I don't know what kind of ideas are going on in my mom's head," Nandini exclaimed in frustration. "She's always pushing for my marriage, but my parents seem to know nothing about me. They're just trying to find a guy for me without understanding what I want or who I am. I don't understand how any of this makes sense.

Why are you so resistant to the idea of a romantic relationship," Manik asked, teasingly. "You should at least give it a try. If you have someone in mind or any kind of love interest, you should tell your parents about it. They might understand your point of view."

Boyfriend? Love? And me?" Nandini burst into laughter. "Seriously, Manik, it's so funny."

Why don't you think about it seriously," Manik said, trying to hide the fact that for a second, his heart skipped a beat. "Even if you're not in love with anyone, there might be someone out there who likes you and might even love you."

She burst into laughter, "Who would that brainless, stupid, fool be," she said between laughs. "If anyone loves me or as you say likes me, I will consider that they are dumb and tasteless. It's impossible."

Despite her laughter, Manik felt a sense of seriousness in her words and he asked, "Why do you think that? Why do you believe it's impossible for someone to love or like you?"

Because I am not the perfect daughter my parents want me to be," Nandini explained. "Our thoughts and ideas never match. To be honest, I am a bit of a burden, egoistic, and once someone breaks my trust, I can't forgive them. That's probably why everyone thinks I am selfish, moody, reserved. I don't know how to change myself, I want to be independent. I am scared to believe anyone," she said, revealing her insecurities and fear of vulnerability.
And again she said," I want a peaceful and free life. I don't want to keep fighting with my family, I want to do something with my life. More over, I don't think I am beautiful enough for a guy to be attracted to me and even if they were I don't believe that any guy could truly understand me," Nandini added, highlighting her insecurities about her appearance and her fear that no one could truly understand her.

He just listened to her words without interrupting or responding.

Manik, please, if it's possible, take me away to a remote place where there's no human presence, just leave me there,"Nandini pleaded in a voice filled with hopelessness and frustration. "I can't take it anymore, the constant fighting and bickering over small things, the never-ending struggle of trying to fit in and manage both at home and outside, with my surroundings. I am just exhausted from it all. I just need one day, just one day in my life where I can be at peace, without any struggles," Nandini repeated, her voice filled with longing and desperation.

"Why don't you take a break, get away from everything for a while? Go on a trip somewhere, it might help clear your mind and give you a chance to relax and recharge."

That's your solution, Manik?," Nandini asked, her tone filled with sarcasm. "To go away and tell my parents about it? Another world war would break out at home. My mother would give me lectures on how the world outside is dangerous, how girls are trapped in human trafficking and how there is no safety for girls and so on. That's not a solution, it's just going to create more problems."

"I have another solution," Manik said, trying to lighten the mood. "Why don't you send your parents on a trip, that way you can have some peace and quiet and they can have a break too."

That's not a bad idea," Nandini said, her face brightening up with a smile. "I should definitely try that."

Australia, Paris?," Manik said with a smile, suggesting some popular tourist destinations.

Nandini quickly interrupted him, "Wait! Wait, I don't have that kind of budget, sir. You're talking about very expensive places. Even sending them to the best tourist places in India would require me to plan and save for years before it would be possible," she said.

Then your parents should go for Indian trip atleast for three or four months," Manik said.

She replied with a shockingly tone "You want to give me a heart attack? Where will I get the money for that?"

He reassured her "Arey! After all, you are my business partner, I will look after it. I will cut money in the future when you reach a big position," He said with a smile trying to convince her.

Come on, Manik, I was just joking, you're taking it too seriously," Nandini said with smile

Nandini, you've done so much for me and you're still doing it. In this is a small thing. I've decided to send your parents on a trip, and don't worry, I'll take care of everything," Manik reassured her, emphasizing his willingness to help her out despite all that she has done for him, and showing that he considers this a small thing in comparison.

Manik please, no need doing this

I've decided, that's it, leave it on me," Manik said, firmly and confidently, indicating that he has made a decision about the situation and will take responsibility for it,

Actually, I called to tell you some good news," Manik said to Nandini, his tone upbeat and excited, indicating that he has something positive to share with her.

Really? What is it?" Nandini asked, her tone eager and curious, showing that she is excited to hear the good news that Manik has for her.

He smiled, "The video which was morphed, it's been deleted permanently, nobody can blackmail you with it," Manik said to Nandini, his tone relieved and happy, indicating that he has successfully resolved an issue that was causing Nandini distress and has brought her peace of mind.

Tears formed in her eyes, with happiness and excitement, "Thank God, thank you so much, I don't know how to thank you, seriously, I love you, for this," Nandini said to Manik, her words expressing her deep gratitude and affection towards him, but then she immediately stopped talking as she realized the implication of what she had just said, that she had told him she loved him.

Manik's smile disappeared for a moment as he felt goosebumps and his heart skipped a beat. He said "I love you too, Nandini" expressing his genuine feelings for her, his voice sincere and heartfelt, showing that he has been feeling for her and he is happy that he is able to confess his feelings for her.

Nandini was shocked and stammered, "Manik, it doesn't mean that... I didn't mean it like that.

He smiled slightly, and cuts the call.

She phoned him, he cuts the call, she sits on the bed and thought " Idiot why did you do that, Don't Know what is thinking about me" she keeps her hand on her heart, it's beating fastly.

Ignore mistakes

Keep smiling

Chandanakshi