Chapter 13

Two days after Soha joined as chairman of the Malhotra company, Nandini also became a partner in the same company. She was excited for this new opportunity and was looking forward to working with Soha and Manik. This partnership would bring a new dynamic to the company and Nandini was ready to contribute her skills and expertise to help grow the business. She knew this new role will bring challenges and responsibility but she was ready to face them and do her best in this new partnership

★★★

Karan directly came to the resort from the airport to meet Manik. "How are you, Manik?" he asked, with a smile on his face.

Manik replied with an attitude, "What a stupid question, Mr. Karan. After falling into your trap, do you expect anything good?" Manik's tone was full of anger and frustration, indicating that his current situation is not good because of Karan's actions.

Whatever," Karan said with a smirk, "I heard that you are showing a special interest in Mukti, taking care of her. That means you love her and are ready to marry her.

" Manik let out a chuckle and replied, "Sorry to burst your bubble Mr. Karan, but I won't be marrying her. I don't have any special interest in her, when it comes to care, I do it because I am human, unlike you." Manik's words were clear and assertive, indicating that he has no romantic interest in Mukti and he is just being a responsible human being, who helps others when they need it. Manik's words also implies that Karan is not human because he doesn't have the same empathy and care that a human should have.

Whatever you want to call it," Karan said with a smirk, "But you don't have any other option except marrying Mukti. Otherwise, you know the consequences your family will have to face." Karan threatened Manik.

"Even I am warning you, if a small scratch on my family, I'll kill your lovely Mukti. Remember, you already know what I am capable of doing." Manik words were full of threat and aggression,

Shut up, Manik. Can't you just be calm and cool for once?" Karan said in an irritated tone, He was clearly getting annoyed by Manik's response and he wants Manik to stop talking.

Seriously," Manik said with a smile, "you should feel happy that at least I'm talking with you."

Karan said angrily, "You are taking my patience for granted.

"Oh! Really, in that case i am proud of myself"

Karan looked at him with anger, and then stormed out of the cabin."

★★★

Harshad knocked the door, Neonika opens the door, he said ,"Namaste Madam"

Harshad knocked on the door, Neonika opened it, he greeted her with a "Namaste Madam"

but she asked him with a frown, "Namaste, who are you? What do you want?"

Madam, my name is Harshad. I am new to this city and I have been searching for a home for rent. I came to know that your penthouse is empty, so I thought I would inquire about it. Don't worry about me, we are only two members, myself and my mom.

But we haven't kept a 'to-let' board," Neonika said, with a hint of confusion. "Who told you that I am giving it for rent? You must have misunderstood. You can go now."

Madam, don't say that," Harshad requested. "I have already seen other homes, but this area would be refreshing for my mom. We won't bother you or disturb you."