2- That Day, The Fall of Shiganshina Part Two

Evelyn continues to run when she suddenly feeling Eren start to fight her as he pries at her arm on his legs, repeatedly hitting her back, doing whatever he can to let her go.

"Eren, what are you going?" Evelyn asks as she looks back at her younger brother.

"We nearly had her!" Eren shouts over the screams of innocent people being killed by the titans, "we were so close to saving her. Why did you do that? We almost saved her!".

Eren continues to pull on Evelyn's hair and hit her head as Evelyn grabs his arm and throws him over her onto the ground. Evelyn crouches down as Eren runs to her and grabs her collar.

"Pull yourself together!" Evelyn shouts as she raises her voice at Eren for the first time, much to his surprise, "the reason why you couldn't save Mother was because you were too weak" Evelyn explains as Eren goes to punch her but she catches his fist, "the reason why I didn't try and fight that titan with my weapons was because I lacked the courage" Evelyn says as she stands up and holds her hand out to Eren, "come on, I need to get you to the boats".

Eren gives up on fighting Evelyn as he holds her hand loosely as the two of them make it to the docks, just outside of the entrance from Shiganshina District to Wall Maria. Evelyn walks onto the boat with Eren as she looks around for anyone familiar to Eren.

"Mikasa, look! It's Eren and Evelyn!" Armin says as Evelyn spots the two of them.

Eren and Evelyn walk over as Eren lets go of Evelyn's hand as he sits down in between Armin and Mikasa.

"I'm so glad the two of you are safe" Evelyn says as she places a hand on both of their heads.

Evelyn looks at the three of them as they all look up at her as she gives them a small smile.

"Armin, Mikasa, look after Eren for me" Evelyn says as she looks at the blonde haired boy and the black haired girl.

"What's going on?" Armin asks in confusion.

"I need to stay and help the corps members evacuate everyone" Evelyn says as she plays with the harness on her torso where she keeps all of her weapons.

"That's not your job" Mikasa says, also confused by Evelyn's actions.

"I need to do this" Evelyn says as she crouches down to the three of them, "the three of you need to stick together, okay?" Evelyn says as she takes off the necklace which holds the key to the basement as she hands it around Eren's neck, "once you've found Dad in Wall Sina, and you're old enough, come back to Shiganshina and go to the basement".

"Don't be stupid, just stay here" Eren says as he tries to fight the urge to cry before he wraps his arms around Evelyn, the tears escaping at her familiar scent, "please don't leave me!".

"I couldn't help our Mother, so let me see how many people I can save here" Evelyn says as she pats Eren's hair as she makes Eren face her, "I love you, you're going to do great things. I give you permission to enter the survey corps. Do whatever you want, whatever you need, in order to be free".

Eren looks at Evelyn in shock as she throws his arms off of her as she jumps off of the side of the boat.

"Evelyn wait!" Eren yells as he stands up, running to the edge of the boat as he tries to get off.

"This boat's full!" Evelyn says as she lands on the shoreline and raises a hand into the air.

"No it's not!" Eren yells as the boat starts to move, "Evelyn, get back on!".

"Eren, stop!" Armin yells as Eren tries to climb off the boat.

"We're saved!" the crowd cheers as the three children watch Evelyn take off her coat.