17- Female Titan, 57th Expedition Beyond The Walls Part One

The fleet make it into Wall Maria as the gate shuts behind them, all of them heading into the town.

"Ahead, to the left, a ten meter titan!" Hange shouts as she looks to her left and she spots one as three members of the support team head out for it, "I'm very excited to see what's inside of it's stomach. But I'll leave it to the support team".

One of the support team members distracts the titan from the front as another goes and cuts the titan from behind.

"Damn!" the guy who cut the titan says as he realises he cut too shallow, "not deep enough. Defend the formation!".

The titan goes to grab him but he dodges out of the way as the titan takes the roof off of a home. Sasha watches in fear as she looks at the scene going on.

"Stay strong!" the soldier from next to her says as he turns her head so she's facing forward, "leave it to the support team, and keep going".

"Onward! Onward!" Erwin yells.

--- that morning ---

"The support teams will only accompany us to the old city area" Evelyn explains as she spreads out her map to show all of her squad members, "once we're past that, it's completely titan territory. The long-range scouting formation devised by Commander Erwin is our only hope. We, the special ops squad, are here" she explains as she points to their position on the map.

--- present time ---

"Oluo, can they... can my classmates defeat the titans?" Eren asks as he looks at Oluo.

"Huh? What have you being doing the last month?" Oluo asks in disbelief, "listen brat. The most crucial part of an expedition is in how you avoid fighting titans-" Oluo says as he bites his tongue again.

"Go into long-range scouting formation" Erwin says as he holds his left arm out straight.

"See you, Armin" Reiner says as he splits off to the right.

"If you run into a titan, don't piss your pants" Jean says as he splits off to the left, Armin going straight forward.

The team split up as follows:

Mikasa Ackermann- Row 3-3: Relay
Levi and Evelyn Squad- Row 5-Centre: Standby
Reiner Braun- Row 2-5: Relay
Jean Kirschstein- Row 3-4: Relay
Armin Arlert- Row 2-4: Relay
Erwin Smith- Row 2-Centre: Command
Sasha Blause- Row 2-3: Relay

Everyone splits off in the correct positioning as Armin is left on his own, riding his own horse, a spare horse behind him.

We'll be fine. Calm down!

Armin tells himself as a red flare is set off to his right.

It's primarily the forward recon squad that will encounter titans. As soon as one is sighted, they'll fire a red flare. Anyone who sees the flare should set off the same flare in order to relay the signal. When the Commander sees it, he'll fire a green smoke round, and show the formation where to go. Thus, the entire formation can advance toward the goal, whilst avoiding titans. But sometimes, due to terrain or obstacles, a titan won't be sighted until it's within the formation.

All of the new troops say as they remember what Evelyn taught them during their month of training. Sasha moves through a small abandoned village as a titan jumps out at her.

"Red, red!" Sasha says as she changes directions, picking up her pace as the titan crawls after her.

She fumbles around as she grabs her flare gun and the correct coloured flare but the flare slips through her grip, as she drops it to the ground.