22- The Defeated, 57th Expedition Beyond The Walls Part Six

The Female titan continues to run with Eren in her mouth as Evelyn follows closely behind on Kanmori who isn't slowing down anytime soon.

I know Mikasa wants to help save Eren, but I can't have her being emotional right now. I'm glad Levi calmed me down earlier and told me I'd be able to save Eren. I hope my plan works. So far, whoever's inside of this titan isn't bothered about other humans apart from Eren, as long as they don't attack her. But in order to get Eren out of there, I need to attack her and I need to make a speedy getaway once I have Eren. I'm sorry to ask this of you Kanmori, but I need you to run at full speed with me once we have my brother.

Evelyn says as she leans down and strokes the neck of her horse who focuses on the target in front of it.

"Kanmori, keep running for me" Evelyn whispers as she stands up on Kanmori's back, so she balances herself.

She prepares her blades as she attaches her wires to the tree next to her. She jumps off of Kanmori and goes after the titan in the air. Evelyn follows closely behind the titan and gets in close enough so the titan can her out of the side of its eyes. Evelyn waits as the titan turns around and swings for her. Evelyn twists her body so she's horizontal as she throws herself along the length of the titan's arm, cutting its flesh. Evelyn jumps off of it's arm and stands on the bridge of its nose as she slashes its eyes. She then jumps upwards and spirals down the titan's body, cutting it all the way to its feet. The titan starts to fall to the ground as Evelyn goes for its hands, too quick for it to crystallise as she continues to cut at its arms. She continues to attack and take out chunks of its flesh before its arm drops. Evelyn jumps at its neck as she goes to cut it but the titan knocks her away, in front of its mouth as Evelyn cuts its jaw open. Evelyn grabs Eren who lays in its mouth, covered in saliva as she whistles for Kanmori who gallops in. Evelyn gets on as she lays Eren over her lap, tying him to Kanmori as the two of them ride away. Evelyn looks back as she realises the titan is crying.

Meanwhile, a few miles away from the front gate to get into the Trost District, the fleet waits for Evelyn's return as Levi sits down, impatiently tapping his foot.

"She'll be okay, Levi" Hange says as they look at Levi.

"Shut up" Levi says as he side eyes them.

"Look. We both know you have feelings for Evelyn" Hange says as Levi looks at them, "you've admitted it yourself, plenty of times. It's okay to care and it's okay to want to let someone in. You and Evelyn hated each other back when you were a trainee, but that hatred became a true human emotion that I didn't think you were capable of feeling. So don't act so tough, I know how you really feel".

"I told you to pipe down!" Levi says angrily as he snaps.

"Commander Erwin! It's Captain Evelyn. And she has Eren!" one of the men announces as Levi stands up and he sees Evelyn coming towards them, Eren laid over her lap, a bunch of titans coming after her.

"Evelyn!" Levi yells as he jumps on his horse and he goes towards them.

"Kanmori, take Eren back to Mikasa for me" Evelyn says as Kanmori looks forward and spots Mikasa.

Kanmori neighs as Evelyn jumps off of Kanmori and swings into action with Levi, the two of them taking down the remaining titans together. Kanmori stands in front of Mikasa as Mikasa unties Eren and brings him off of Kanmori as she lays him down. Kanmori neighs as he runs back for Evelyn. Evelyn jumps down off of her titan as she gets on Kanmori, her and Levi returning to the group.

"What happened?" Erwin asks as he helps Evelyn down from Kanmori.

"I didn't kill her. When I tried to go near her neck, even when she was on her last legs, she still hit me out of the way" Evelyn explains as she strokes Kanmori, "so I just cut her jaw open and grabbed Eren. She screamed and sent those titans after me. I'm nor sure, I think she might've sent more to me".