6- The World The Girl Saw, The Battle For Trost Part Two

"Hey!" Conny says as he Armin starts to wake up, "hey! Armin, what's wrong? Wake up! Hey, Armin. Come on Armin! Come on!" Conny yells as Armin finally sits up, "are you awake? Are you okay? Are you hurt? What about your team?".

"Team?" Armin asks as he looks around.

"Get a hold of yourself, man" Conny says as he puts a hand on Armin's shoulder, "why are you alone? And what's this weird slime on you? What happened?".

Armin gasps as he remembers everything that happened. Armin starts to scream as he hits the side of his head.

"You useless idiot!" Armin screams as he hunches over, "d-die!".

"Hey, calm down Armin" Conny says worriedly, "where is everyone?".

"That's enough Conny" Ymir says from behind Armin, "they were all wiped out, all except for him".

"Shut up!" Conny yells, "Armin didn't say anything about that!".

"Just look around you" Ymir says as she looks back at Conny, "we don't have any more time to waste on him".

"Why is Armin the only one that made it?" Conny asks as Armin continues to look down.

"Who knows?" Ymir says slyly, "maybe they thought he was already dead? It's unfortunate that they ran into multiple titans. What a shame that only this loser survived instead of Eren and the others".

"Want me to shut that mouth of yours forever, bitch?" Conny asks angrily, sick of hearing Ymir's opinion.

"Stop it both of you" Krista says as she stands in between Ymir, Conny and Armin, "no one's thinking straight. All of our friends are dying so fast. It would freak anyone out".

"That's my Krista" Ymir says happily as she puts her arm around Krista's shoulders, "once this operation ends, marry me".

"Sure, her antics are even more off the charts that usual" Conny says quietly as he bends down to Armin, "anyway, we can't leave you here. Can you stand, Armin?".

"S-sorry for causing trouble" Armin says as he stands up, "I'll go meet up with rear-guard".

"Wait" Conny says as he watches Armin take off, "Armin!".

"Let's go Conny. We have orders to advance" Samuel says from behind Conny.

This is hell. No, it was always hell. I just never realised it. This world has always been hell. The strong devour the weak. It's almost as if the world's doing us a favour by making it so easy to understand. But, my friends, they tried to be strong in this world. They helped me, who was weak. I couldn't stand that. To those two, I'm someone who needs protecting. I wanted to be strong like them. To live in this world as their equal.

Armin tells himself as he tries to attach his rope to the wall but it hits at a weird angle and Armin falls to the ground.

And this is the result. Eren died because of me.

Armin tells himself as he spots Hannah doing CPR on Franz. Armin gets up and walks over, only to see that Franz no longer has any legs. Meanwhile at the rear-guard, a group of traders are holding up the evacuation as they can't fit their trailer through the gate.

"Hey, do you have an idea what situation we're in?" one of the bystanders asks as he catches the man the men threw at him after beating him up for trying to defy them.

"I do and that's why we're doing this" the ringleader says as he look at them all, "if you want to live, help us!".

"Screw you!" one man yells.