10- Response, The Battle Of Trost Part Six

"What's going on here?" Reiner asks as he, Jean, Annie and Bertolt all watch from the rooftop in shock at what has happened in front of them.

Mikasa and Armin who are under Eren's titan look around for Eren as they also watch their surroundings, waiting for a surprise attack.

"It's alive" someone in the group says as they all watch.

"Captain Wellman" the woman says as she taps the leader on his shoulder.

"Just look at it" Captain Wellman says as his voice shakes, "it's too dangerous to get close. Maintain your position and stay alert. Have the gunners loaded another round".

All of a sudden, steam pours from the titan's neck as Eren fights to pull himself out of the titan. He looks around and spots the titan in front of him.

What is this?

Eren asks himself, scared, worried, shocked and confused.

"I remember hearing the sound of canon fire. And then there was a horrible sound, a shock wave and then" Armin says as he looks around, "are we inside a huge skeleton-".

"Eren protected us" Mikasa says as she sits down next to him, "that's all we need to know for now".

Flowers only survived inside?

Armin questions as he spots some purple flowers on the ground.

"Hey!" Eren says as he runs over, "are you guys okay?".

"Eren, what is this?" Armin asks confused.

"No idea. But this thing will soon dissipate just like any other titan corpse" Eren says as the structure starts to dissipate, "let's get away from it" Eren says as he steps out from underneath it, looking at all of the soldiers in front of him, "are they in shock or are they just waiting to see what we'll do? The Garrison isn't doing anything right now but they'll attack again before long. After showing them this, I doubt we'll be able to talk our way out. But I do remember one thing, the basement. The basement of Evelyn and I's house. Dad said if we go there, we'll learn everything. This happened to me because of him too. If we go to the basement, we'll probably learn what the titans really are. Damn it! Then why did he hide it? Isn't that information what thousands of survey corps members died for? Isn't it humanity's last hope? And he's been keeping it hidden in the basement of our house? If Evelyn were alive, she'd know. She'd know because she was always down there with Dad. But why would she let thousands of her comrades die if she knew? Evelyn isn't that kind of person, she loved everyone she ever met, apart from those who hurt her family. What the hell was Dad thinking? Where the hell has he been the last five years anyways?".

"Eren, right now we have other priorities" Mikasa says as she puts a hand on Eren's shoulder.

The three of them run further out as the titan skeleton collapses, creating a huge cloud of thick smoke.

"I'm getting out of here" Eren says as the three of them crouch down.

"Where will you go? And how?" Armin asks as he gasps, "for now, I don't care where. But from there, over the walls and to the basement. Once I become a titan again".

"Can you do that?" Armin asks confused.

"I don't know how I do it myself" Eren says as he brings his hand up, "but I still think I can. It's similar to the way you can't explain it when you move your own arm. Back then, my only thought was stopping that shell. So that body had no other function and rotted away after serving its purpose. This time, I'll turn into something stronger. A 15 metre class, like the one that tore those titans apart".