Chapter 2: Dino

I can't stop looking at him.

"Earth to Channie. Hello?" Jeonghan put his hand on my shoulder and shook.

"Yeah?" I asked, not looking at him, Joshua went up to the guy and nudged him.

"Are you enjoying the view there?" Jeonghan laughed a bit. I knocked his hand off my shoulder then, still not breaking eye contact with the handsome singer on stage.
He smiled then and it was the greatest smile I've ever seen.

"Alright! How's everyone doing?" He said into the microphone, "Great! Our next song is Bands Boy! Let's go!"
They started their next song and we never broke eye contact. I leaned forward and laid my head in my hands. I can come here and watch him perform all the time. Social anxiety will not stop me as long as he's here.

During the second verse of the song, he jumped off the stage. He looked so cool doing it. He walked through the dancing crowd. He seemed to be going... oh my god he's coming over here! What am I gonna do!? What should I even do!? He's sitting down right across from me, singing! His elbows were now on the table, his microphone in his hands. I feel like I can't breathe as I look into his brown eyes that are now even closer. I felt frozen in my spot. I'm fully under his spell and I'm not complaining. At the end of the song he sat his mic down onto the table. Oh? OH HE'S TAKING MY HAND INTO HIS!

"Hi... I'm Vernon, what's your name?"
My face got really hot. He's holding my hand! His name is Vernon! HE INTRODUCED HIMSELF TO ME!

"Uh... I... uh..."

"Vernon! Next song!" the drummer yelled.

Vernon winked at me, "Gotta go, cutie."

Okay I can die happy now.

Vernon got up and ran back to the stage, "The next song is called Lotto!" he yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And now it's time for us to take our first break! We'll be back in 10 minutes! Don't go anywhere and don't forget to tip your waiters, bartenders, and your band! We got merch up here by the stage!" Vernon said. Joshua then grabbed his arm and they both went outside. I really hope I didn't get him in trouble.

"You really got a once in a lifetime interaction there Channie." Jeonghan nudged me. I looked over to him.

"I... I need a glass of water." I said, but before I could get up, a glass was put in front of me. I looked up to see Seungmin smiling at me.

"I was told to grab you some water, it's free so don't worry about paying." He said.

"Th-thank you." I stammered. I took a small sip.

"You're welcome!" Seungmin then walked over to Minho and Minho gave him a small smile and a... brownie?

"Soooo Chan, are you enjoying the performance so far?" Jeonghan nudged me a little. I looked to see a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah, they're really incredible." I told him, glancing over to the door they left through.

"Especially a certain someone, huh?"

"I... um... he was great..." I trailed off.

"Vernon's been doing this for years, but he's never left the stage before."
"Wait! You know him!?" I exclaimed, looking at Jeonghan with wide eyes.

"He's the singer in Joshua's band, of course I know him. I've hung out with him before. We're all friends." Jeonghan said, nonchalantly. He took a sip of his drink.

"I need to talk to him again." I told him.

"You actually didn't talk to him, and you want to, not need to." Jeonghan smirked at me.