Chapter 9: Dino

I entered the bar, following Seungkwan who had a hold of my hand, dragging me over to the tables where everyone normally is. I watched the stage, the band having already started their first set since we were late.

It sounded like they were at the bridge of the song, a new song... I don't understand what Vernon was singing, but it was obvious he wrote the song with how much emotion he had in his voice. Then Joshua starts singing with him... and I understand what's being sung now...

I'm doing great myself
Hope you know I am
'Cause I'm not lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, yeah
Lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, yeah
Two minus one
I'm super fine
I don't need you anymore
Don't need you anymore

He... doesn't need someone anymore...? He hasn't talked to me in a week... Is he singing about me!?

We meet eyes as he sings the last line of the song, but I don't hear it... I... I don't need to hear it... He does hate me now...

I watched as Joshua immediately grabbed him and pulled him out the band exit, everyone getting up and running to follow. I was back in the corner, out of the way. Are they all going outside to laugh at me? I fell for their prank and fell in love with Vernon and now they can go laugh and then never talk to me again?

I broke into tears, I thought things were different but I was so, so wrong. I opened my journal and wrote down one last entry, not even knowing if what I wrote was even legible.

Not like I'll ever see Vernon again...

I quickly left Stray Kids, just going straight for the exit. I didn't look at anyone. I just kept my eyes down on the ground. I already know how to get from the bar to Tiger Pounce, and then from there to home.

I cried as I thought about everything I had been through with Vernon. The carnival, playing at the park, watching movies and then spending the night, the pool...

And us slow dancing...

What I wouldn't give to be back in his arms like that again...

I then bumped into someone, looking up to apologize properly, I froze.

It's JooHun and Jang-Hyun... I haven't seen them since highschool...

JooHun gasped as he looked at me, "Oh my god, Jang-Hyun!! We came looking for one fag and found another!! Where have you been, prissy little Channie? Mommy and Daddy finally let you out of the house?"

"I-I don't want any trouble... I'm on my way home and never leaving okay? Please just leave me alone." I said, stepping back a little from them.

"Awh, but where's the fun in that? Want us to take care of your problem for you? Make it alllll disappear?" Jang-Hyun said, stepping closer and grabbing me by the collar.

"No... no I just want to spend the rest of my life alone... eating ramen... I don't need help." I carefully pried Jang-Hyun's fingers off my collar, "I'm going now, bye!" I tried to run around them. I need to...

One of them grabbed me, holding me by the arms, "Come on, Chan. You know you wanna play with us! We need some warm up anyway!" It was JooHun...

I started to struggle, trying to get away, "No! I don't need anymore pain please!"

JooHun gripped harder, pulling my arms back sharply. I gasped from the pain as Jang-Hyun spoke, his words practically spitting venom in my face, just like back in highschool, "Fags like you deserve a life time of pain."

"VERNON!" I screamed, I don't want to get beat up again! I want...

Jang-Hyun looked up at JooHun, "Did you hear that? They know each other! Hahaha!!! Well well well, and here we were looking for Vernon to end his pathetic life. It's like a two for one special!"