Chapter 5: Dino

I don't want to get out of bed… Dino the otter feels really warm. His skin is really…

Wait…

I force my eyes open, my vision being blurry 'cause I'm still tired…

OH GOD I'M RIGHT UP AGAINST VERNON!

I quickly let him go and flung myself backwards before he woke up and saw. Unfortunately I didn't feel bed under me anymore and fell to the floor with a yelp.

Great Chan, wake up the whole apartment complex. Why don't you? I wonder if I just bruised my butt with that fall. Maybe if I get back in bed Vernon wouldn't ever…

Vernon peeked over the side of the bed at me, "So is that normally how you wake up or…?" 

Never mind.

“N-no… I just… We were so close together and I just… I didn’t cuddle too close to you did I?” 

Vernon shook his head, "No! Sorry… I didn't mean to pull you that close… you weren't uncomfortable were you? Are you okay?" He got up and helped me off the floor.

“No! I wasn’t uncomfortable at all I promise!” I blurted out without thinking. Calm down Chan, he's gonna think you have brain damage or something, “I’m okay… Just… my normal disastrous self…” I awkwardly laughed.

Vernon smiled at me, "Good! It's okay, I too wake up on the floor sometimes! Nothing disastrous about that!" He then ruffled my hair before sitting back down on the bed and looking up at me.

“What are you doing that you wake up on the floor sometimes?” 

Vernon looked around awkwardly, "Just, you know, fighting demons in my sleep I guess? Maybe some clowns. Or maybe I'm being spiderman and hanging upside down off the bed. You never know." He shrugged, before he could say anything else there was a knock on the door, "Come in?" 

I looked towards the door to see Joshua peeking his head in, "Hey uh, I heard a bang? Everything okay?" 

Oops, I must’ve been loud enough when I hit the floor that Joshua heard, “E-everything’s okay! I… just fell off the bed…”

Joshua laughed a little, "Vernon wasn't fighting in his sleep and kicked you off was he?" 

"RUDE! I WOULD NEVER!!" Vernon exclaimed. 

Oh no… I should try to explain before things get bad…

“No… He… became…” I looked at Vernon, “A koala… A shirtless koala… And I flung myself off the bed… He didn’t kick me off, okay I’m just gonna shut up now.” 

Ten out of ten Chan. Great explanation. They both started laughing.

"I'm a koala?!" Vernon asked, looking at me. 

"A shirtless koala?!" Joshua asked.

And with that, I let myself face plant onto the bed. Far enough away from Vernon where I wouldn’t hurt him by accident, “I’m a disaster I swear…” I said, letting that be the answer for them both since I really am a disaster.

Joshua laughed, "Poor Channie… are you guys excited for later?" He asked us, thankfully changing the subject. Wait…

I shot back up, “Oh no! I didn’t bring any extra clothes!” Great, now I’m gonna be a burden to them both cause I need to run home now and…

"You can borrow mine! I have a whole closet full!" Vernon said. 

I looked over at him, “You sure!? Wouldn’t it be weird? I just met everyone you know I don’t want everyone to…”