Chapter 6: Dino

Vernon laughed as we all sat down at the table. I looked to see Mingyu pushing Seungcheol and Jeonghan at the end because "Mommy and Daddy need to sit at the head of the table."

I guess this is just the kind of thing Mingyu does. I look around and see everyone talking and having fun. I smiled, they're so easy and fun to be around.

"You seem less nervous now, how are you liking your first outing with the family?" I heard Vernon ask. I looked to see him smiling at me.

“It’s been a lot of fun! Everyone is so fun to be around and I had boba for the first time!” I told him.

Vernon smiled more, "Good! I'm glad," he said. The table was quieter now that we were all sat down and everyone was talking to each other.

Everyone is so comfortable with one another, easily able to talk. It's calming in a way…

“I’ll definitely miss you all.” I looked down at my lap. The table got quiet suddenly… Did I just say that out loud?

I felt Seungkwan put his hand on my shoulder, “Chan, We’ve been through this multiple times. We’re not gonna leave you. Everybody likes you. This isn’t a joke. This isn’t a long con or anything. You’re a part of our group now and you’re here to stay.”

“He’s right! I wouldn’t have introduced you to anyone else if I knew you wouldn’t be liked!” Jeonghan said.

Joshua then spoke up, "They're right sweetheart, we all like you and you're already one of us. I already told you we don't get rid of people! After Jeonghan adopts someone they're stuck here!!"

"Yeah! You can't leave even if you try to!! You're the best dancer I've seen at Tiger Pounce in a long time, you think Soonyoung will let you leave? You're kinda tied into all of our lives now and you can't get out!" Minghao added.

They’re lying… They’ve got to be… The moment I start believing them is when… But… They wouldn’t do that… They’re all too nice and kind and loving… Maybe I should…

"And you?"

I looked up to see the waiter there holding his notepad and pen. HE’S ALREADY TAKING OUR ORDERS!?

“I… um… I…” I stammered out. I didn’t even look at the menu! Dammit Chan! Why didn’t you at least glance at the menu!? I scrambled to open it and pick the first thing I saw, but I didn’t have a good grip on it so I dropped it. I froze as I just looked at it on the ground, feeling a lump in my throat. Don’t cry… it’ll make it all worse…

“He’ll have the fried squid with spicy sauce please.” Seungkwan said before he picked up my fallen menu and put it on top of his, ordering for himself before handing the waiter the menus.

I smiled gratefully at Seungkwan, relief washing over me. Seungkwan gave me a smile back as everyone else ordered. As soon as the waiter is done taking everyone else’s orders, he leaves.

“So… how often do you all hang out?” I ask. I don’t want them to continue from earlier, after me messing up like that, they might not want me in their group anymore…

Minghao got excited, "Oh all the time! As much as we can! Seungcheol made a rule that we should hang out like this at least once a month, but it's usually more when we think of something to do. Speaking of! I want to go swimming! We should all go tomorrow!!"

Swimming!?

“Yes! I haven’t gone swimming in forever! Let’s do it!” Seokmin exclaimed, getting excited too.

I don’t know how to swim!!

“The pool shouldn’t be too busy tomorrow since the carnival is still in town.” Jun added.