Chapter 8: Dino

I finished dancing along to the song that was playing before going over and turning my music off. Picking up my phone and unplugging it from the speakers, I looked at the time.

It's just before midnight. I finished up on time. I smiled as I started to pack up everything into my bag.

Crushed up water bottle? Check.

Phone?

I checked the duct tape all over the bottom of my bag, seeing it slowly start to peel up again.

Phone goes into my pocket tonight...

I glanced around, making sure I didn't forget anything. I'm not gonna bother changing out of the clothes I'm wearing, I'm just going right home...

Then what Seungcheol had said replayed in my head, "Lee Chan, you will not walk home alone as long as you are friends with us. This is a family and no one is leaving anyone. Got it?"

I... I can't just ask someone in the middle of the night... I'd be bothering them...

But... everyone would get so mad if I don't... Especially Seungcheol...

Wait.

I remember someone saying that Vernon's up late at night! He might still be awake! Plus, he told me before that he'd walk home with me. Even though now it's too late for him to walk over here at night, it would kinda defeat the whole "no walking home by yourself late at night" thing.

...

I wouldn't mind being in his car with him though... or being close... hearing him sing along to his music again... I felt my cheeks getting red as I pulled out my phone and sent Vernon a text, "Hey, you busy at the moment?"

I stood there, watching the Vernon's typing... pop up and stay there.

Why am I so nervous?

"Yeah, a little. I'm about to walk the best dancer I've ever met home. What about you? Are you busy?"

I sighed, feeling disappointed. He's probably with Soonyoung, Junhui, or Minghao... I typed out a response and sent it, putting my phone into my back pocket. I started to zip up my bag, fighting with the zipper for a moment before I got it to close up. Double checking the duct tape to make sure it'll hold until I get home.

Stupid, rusty, good for nothing bag. As soon as I am sure that he won't find me again, I'm gonna...

Probably stuff it somewhere and find it every now and then so I can think about everything over and over because why not be horrible to myself? It's what I deserve right mom and dad?

I shook my head, stop it Chan. Now's not the time.

I make sure my bag is ready to be thrown over my shoulder after leaving the building, holding onto the smaller straps. I pulled out my phone again to check the time before slipping it back into my pocket and leaving the room

Good, I'm still on...

I ran into someone's chest as soon as I stepped out of the room. I thought I was the...

VERNON!?

I felt my face heat up, "H-hi!?"

"Oh hi! Look, it's the best dancer I've ever met! Are you headed home?" Vernon asks, putting his hand on my shoulders and giving me a cute, goofy smile.

I just looked at him for a second before glancing around, looking for one of the other three, "Yeah, I'm all set to go, but I thought I was the only one here?"

"Yeah? I got a key now, so... I unlocked the door! Just you and me!"

"Oh... so... you're here for me?" I looked back up at him. There's no way...