Chapter 7: Vernon

I woke up to the sound of Joshua pounding on my door and yelling. I groaned and reached for Chan as I nuzzled into him, breathing in his scent before my eyes snapped open when I realized I was just cuddling the sweater and it was just a dream that Chan was still at my house and cuddled up to me. Letting out a sigh I rolled over on my back and looked up at my ceiling.

Is this healthy? Nope. Is it a good idea to be so... interested in him? Nope. Am I over and healed from my last relationship? Yes. Do I have self confidence issues from the truama? Maybe. Will Joshua and Jeonghan kill me if I fuck this up? Yes.

I threw the sweater over my face and let out a soft scream before getting up to throw on my swimsuit. Once I was ready I sat on the bed and started checking my phone. Nothing from Chan but that's not surprising since he was out late. He doesn't seem like he's used to doing that and then getting up early. I think he lives more at night and less in the day. Probably because he's so shy...

I looked back to my phone as I got a notification of Jeonghan sending a text to the group chat, "Has anyone heard from Channie? I've been trying to reach him all morning but can't, and I'm not home right now so can't go check."

Not home right now, good he didn't see us almost kiss... thinking about it, he's probably at Seungcheol's since he was upset. Figuring out those two were a thing kinda solidifies the fact that he's gonna be there.

"I haven't, maybe he's still asleep?" Seokmin answered.

"But he knew we were going swimming today?" Minghao texted.

"Might've slept through his alarms? Does he have someone to pick him up at least so he's not walking on that road?" Seungkwan messaged.

I realized I should probably say something then, especially since I can go get him, and I wanna jump on the excuse to see him alone, "He was out pretty late last night, but he was fine when I dropped him off. It's likely he's still asleep. I didn't know Jeonghan wasn't home, I figured they'd ride together. I'll go check on him and give him a ride!"

"Thanks Vernon, let us all know that he's okay if he doesn't beforehand please!" Jeonghan replied.

"Will do! I'm on my way there now."
I messaged before I got up and went to the car, thankfully Joshua was driving himself to get some others from the group so I didn't have to wait on him. I was a bit worried since Chan did seem apprehensive yesterday about going swimming.

Maybe he was worried about the clothes stuff? Or being in the group again? Maybe public stuff since there could be others? I drive quickly just in case he was having a panic attack or something. When I got there I got out quickly and went to his door, knocking on it softly, considering it might scare him if I start beating on it. I didn't hear a response so I knocked a little harder, waiting a minute to see if maybe he was just making his way to the door.

Suddenly the door opened and I looked up, freezing as I took in the sight before me. Chan was standing there. Hair wet. Body wet. In nothing but a towel. A dangerously short towel at that. I felt my face getting very hot. Speaking of hot... A part of me wanted to look away and hide my eyes. A different part of me wanted to drink in the sight. I couldn't get myself to make any movement at all so the second part won.

I took in his shoulders, broad and defined, he had some small arm muscles, not as dainty under the sweaters as I imagined, but it doesn't surprise me with him being a dancer. Speaking of dancer, my eyes traveled down... and down... and the hem of that towel was right at his thighs. Which, did I mention he's a dancer and that means muscles? Because yeah. His dancers thighs... I need to stop. I can't think about him like this!! This is bad! Bad Vernon! Bad bad!!

That's when I finally snapped out of it and looked away, "Ah, sorry, uh, nobody could get ahold of you so we decided I'd come check on you since we're supposed to go swimming and you'd need a ride anyway and you know, wanted to make sure you were there and didn't oversleep and you came with us because we want you there today and you know yeah I'm here okay I'll go wait in the car okay bye!" I started rambling before backstepping, almost falling as I went to get back in the car. I needed to get out now before my thoughts get dirty and a problem arises and I embarrass myself and make Chan uncomfortable or hate me.