// My Rules Your-a-fool //

_______

Take off today.

Why? Do you want me to lose my job?

No, I feel uneasy.

I didn't know thoughts had their own emotions.

Listen to me for once.

Please.

You never listen to me.

So I won't listen to you.

WHERE THE HORNETS NEST

What about hornets nesting?

YOUR STORY TO LIVE

?...

__________

WHERE THE HORNETS NEST

Your Story To Live

November 15th, 2019
...

7: 30 am

...

// YOUR POV //
____________________

I toy with the soggy cereal that rests in my glass bowl, listening to Mom argue with someone on the phone.

"Cut the shit! - Oh my fucking God, it's to early for this." Is all I get out of the phone call before she slams her phone down onto the kitchen counter, with her back turned to me.

My eyes stay glued on her back, her skinny dark blue shirt makes her spine show. She was insecure, and found something else to be insecure about.

"...Are you o-" "What are you still doing here? You wanna lose your job?!" Moms snaps at me, only turning her face to glare at me. She's the only person I'm scared of, the only person that I shouldn't be scared of.

I don't argue with her, I push myself off of the stool and grab my coat that rests on the back of my chair.

As I reach the door, I turn to look back at her.

She's at the fridge, pouring herself a glass of crimson addiction.

I can't help myself but to grow angered, a pit in my chest growls in annoyance. A bit of the child in me can't stands to see her like this, and turns to walk out.

I stuff my hands into my pockets as I make my way through the halls, the smell of pot is familiar in my senses.

"Today's going to be just swell." I smile to myself.

....

12 : 32 pm

....

With a sigh I push open the glass doors that lead a outside, my break has now started.

As I walk out, I reach in my pockets searching for my pack of Marlboros. "Shit." I curse, coming up empty.

I eye the teen that's leaned against the brick wall to my left, talking to someone on his flip phone who's taking a long drag of a cigarette. I bite down on my bottom lip, 's been awhile since I've had to ask someone for a cigarette.

"Uh, hey, man, Can I borrow one?" I walk up to him, gesturing to his cigarette. He hangs up the phone, and reaches into his pocket for his pack.
I watch him neatly slide a paper roll out with the precious tobacco inside, and watch him set the tip to flames with his red lighter.