// You Never Change, Do You ? //

________

I wish I had people to actually understand me other than the voice in my head.

I guess you were just simply made to understand, not to be understood.

Oh.

_______

WHERE THE HORNETS NEST

Your Story Of Living

May 5th, 2020

...

8 : 22 pm

...

// YOUR POV //
_______________

The hum of the radio and Tobies mix of verbal tic's begins to itch at my brain. It seems like everything annoys me more than it used to, which this new mood has gotten me absolutely no where.

"Can you pass me your dirty clothes? I'm going to run downstairs and clean our clothes before the mission and we head back up north." Brian extends his hand, waiting for me to toss my only three outfits I've kept since day one.

Sitting on the bed, my eyes lock onto his as the annoyance of his voice seeps into my mind.

Just shut the fuck up.

Shut the fuck up.

"You don't clean anything, not even yourself. You're rotting in your own body." Brian's words from before we entered the hotel from our cigarette break rings in my head.

Please just shut the fuck up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I clench the bedsheet below me.

"Why? You think I fuckin smell?" The forced kindness on Brian's face falls, and so does his hand back to his side.

"No. I just wanted to do something nice for you." He mutters before turning for the hotel door, leaving me and my dirty clothes behind to rot in filth.

The way my mood has been changing reminds me of the smiling killer, the one who thrives off blood lust when his hands puncture a body.

"I wonder what Jeff's been up to." I mumble to Toby, the thought of the smiling killer escapes openly past my lips.

It feels as if the van goes stale, as if everyone in it heard my question.

"I couldn't give two shits about where that asshole is. I hope he's dead." Toby's left eye twitches while he stares ahead, trying to stay in thought.

Why do these guys hate Jeff so much?

What did he do?

"Why don't you guys like him?" I ask, my eyes on Brian who sits in the drivers seat to answer my question.

Brian's grip on the steering wheel tightens. "He's a bad man, and we only communicate if he wants us to." The southern man keeps it simple, my know it all lover keeps his answer short.

There's more to it.

"... Arn't we, bad too?" I try to keep my tone questionable, not to snotty, and not to eager. It's been like walking on eggshells around Brian lately, and his unusual out bursts have beginning to seem more violent.