// Don't Hang Up On Me, Please //

_____

Don't you miss your old life?

My old life doesn't miss me, so no.

How do you know? You haven't reached out.

I don't need my old life.

I'm fine where I am.

You even lie to yourself, wow.

Shouldn't be that surprising.

Many things come off as surprising.

I know, and I hate it.

_____

WHERE THE HORNETS NEST

Your Story Of Living

April 4th, 2020

...

11 : 34 am

...

// YOUR POV //
________________

The cabin is warm, the spring sun invites itself in through the living room window and shines onto Tim and I who sit on the old couch. I sit on the left side of the light brown couch, it's just Tim and I home now.

Oldies play on the television, sometimes Tim hums to the little theme songs.

The three stooges pop up in small comedy skits once and awhile, reminding me of Brian, Tim and Toby.

I smile at this.

Looking over at Tim, he smiles, slightly tapping his fingers against his thigh at the song that plays as the outro for Gilligan's Island.

"You have a young soul." I state, looking over at the man who sits next to me on the couch.

"Hm? What does that mean?" Tim yawns, glancing over at me. His arms are crossed over his chest, more like hugging himself.

I shrug my shoulders, "Your a fidgety person, curious, Kind is all I can describe it as."

Tim tilts his head, a slight smile on his unshaven face. "You think I'm kind." My stomach senses a warm feeling, fueling the good emotion in my head.

"Yeah, sometimes." I mutter, finding a more comfortable position on the couch.

"Meowww"

I furrow my eyebrows, suddenly pushing myself off the couch to stand up at the unknown sound. Tim only looks at me smiling, a shit eating smirk.

"What? What is that?" I question, rounding the couch to see a tiger striped tom cat sitting in the entry way to the living room.

My eyes widen as excitement blooms inside of my mushy heart.

"When the fuck did we get a cat?! Why didn't you guy's tell me!" I gasp, rushing to the fat tabby. I feel an instant smile come to my face as I kneel besides the creature, bringing my hand to his head.

"That's Toby's, boy must've left his door open for Callie to get out." Tim shrugs, sitting up on the couch, looking over at me and the cat with an unknown look in his eyes.

"Isn't this a boy cat though?" I look up at Tim.

"Your a pretty boy, arn't you?" I smile a genuine smile down at the Callie, rubbing his head with my scarred hand.