the first step

Nitya deliberately thought she had ruined her own plan but thats when she saw another chocochip icecream she looked up to find them with two icecream cone , one of chocochip which was forwarded towards her and another a strawberry flavoured which was near his mouth she took the icecream and dev licked his , nitya smiled broadly looking at him eating the icecream silently, she was proud of herself that atleast she took out his this fear of judgement,nitya remembered his joyous face while eating strawberry icecream when she saw him feeding the dogs and many things she has noticed in these few days which was different from the one nature he portrays or tries to portray

Chale " he said after finishing the icecream she nodded "

The ride was silent nitya somewhere was satisfied but still she have so many questions while dev felt soothing her presence was warm in his cold life unknowingly her presence felt peaceful to him he didn't knew but wanted her to stay more with him and currently he wanted to thank her but thankyou for dev Dixit has long forgotten, because nobody has helped dev much and he needn't use thanku and sorry much cause he believes in healing ownself , and only you can take care of your needs and feelings and help yourself his thoughts got broken when nitya asked him to stop the bike he again looked at her questioningly when she said they have reached her hostel, Dev's face fell he won't tell but he wanted her to stay more

Thanks dev mujhe drop karne keliye aur icecream keliye bhi " she said with a smile while he just stared her , how easily she said thankyou without any hesitation as if it's always on tip of her tongue and here he struggled throughout the ride to thank her , he also thought how easily she made him understand the value of own choice "

Oh hello kidhar kho gaye " she snapped "

Ha ...ha kuc..kuch nahi ok by gd night " he said "

Good night " he said and turned to leave but didn't leave he too but stopped and turned "

Nit...nitya wo...wo" after the struggle with his ego he said " thanku

Hein , kya kaha maine suna nahi " she asked forwarding her ear as she thought iuts her ears ringing "

I said thankyou " loudly "mera darr Durr karne keliye " she just smiled broadly but again a silence prevailed and nitya thought to disclose the thought of her mind "

Dev ek baat kehni thi tumse " she said hesitantly,while he gestured to continue " wo Mai na..tum..tumhare ba...baad principal sir ke office gayi thi " and he stopped playing with his Keys and looked at nitya keenly with a pause she continued " principal sir ne bataya ke tumhare equations tumhare father ke sath kuch theek nahi hai," he just kept staring at her his eyes held no emotions nitya took it as green flag to continue unaware the calm before the storm " dekho dev i understand tumlogo mein kuch problems hogi personal and i don't intend to get in but still he is your father,he too deserves your love nd respect na maine suna hai what great man he is so what is wrong for u to know him , dekho there might be some difference between you two but that doesn't mean u will keep your misunderstanding for whole life you , you know tum ek baar koshish karo sayad tunhari problem sought hojaye * ek kadam tum barhakar to dekho dev i know the universe won't let you down *" she was abruptly stopped by and anguish dev showing his palm nitya could comprehend he was way too angry from his boiling eyes and the keys he was holding which pierced through his skin

How dare of you Nitya Bose " his voice slow but dangerous"
Tum janti bhi kiss bareeme baat karrahi ho , how dare you to say like this ,aur tumhe ye hak kisne diye mere personal matter pe bolne ka ? Mere papa ya family ke sath mere equations kya hai kaise hai tumhe ye janne ka koi hak nahi hai samjhi tum you are none to them or to me . You are just some girl who study in my class aur samajhti kya ho tum apne aap ko 2 din dhang se baat kya karli tum to sar pe chadh gayi aur apne aap ko mere family ka hissa hi samajhne lagi " he said angrily which brought tears in her eyes but he was least bothered about that " tum meri koi nhi ho samjhi ms nitya Bose so mere kareeb ane ki ya mere mamlo mein tang arane ke bareme socha bhi to mujhse bura koi nhi hoga , " he stated anguishly and nitya ran to her hostel crying and dev went off home "

Few days has passed nitya and dev were avoiding eachother,though they didn't show but both were feeling guilty and sad for hurting the other but also the egos won against compassion and they didn't let the guard down .
Dev somewhere felt his outburst wasn't necessary he could have make her understand calmly but he always losses his cool when someone point towards his relation with his father or family , only he knew the reason and he was bad at showing his emotions even his compassion and love and was also worst at understanding it even, so was nitya she was also feeling bad as she wanted to make dev feel lighter and wanted him to share his feelings with her and wipe out his all sorrows but instead she graved his pains and sufferings.she didn't know what he is actually facing but she knew it wasn't something small or easy it is big and complicated but her self respect or ego was such which didn't let her be back to him ,but dev tried for once or maybe twice to reach her indirectly but she ignored him cause this is she was hurt. Beforehand they have fought like nothing but enemies and haven't spoken to eachother for many it's not they used to talk regularly but stilk but this time his words has pierced her heart even without her knowledge it felt someone very dearry and pained her , today was an concert day all the arrangements have been done beautifully , it was done in August 15 to celebrate the independence day to and the cllg authority has decided to honour the officials who were the frontline warriors who didn't care for there life but to save us ,i.e doctors, and police ,the chief guest was earlier decided mr Samar Dixit the current dsp of Mumbai police soon to be promoted to sp due to his selfless service for the people and specially the last mission which happened to be very crucial and hard for him and the country people few people of other country has planned an attack on Mumbai and he along with few other officers has saved the city without creating any problem this has led to lot of appreciation and awards to them . He was Dev's father too , he was asked to be the honour of the college but dev refused to bring him college why does he never talks about his father or not even consider his family, but who was the new chief guest she didn't knew that within few minutes the host announced the chief guest and nitya was shocked cause it was "Samar Dixit" what the hell, she looked upto see if she is right and saw the man with slight beards ,skin too faire and pinkish just like dev has ,hairs brown eyes slight blueis face adorned with a never leaving smile . But why he is here how , principal told he has politely refuse to come to the college just because dev didn't wanted and dev also never liked it so now come he is here? Did he changed his decision? Did dev changed the decision? She looked at the chair dev was sitting and founds none then looked up to see dev leaving the auditorium, she breathed out she wanted to follow him but then remembered about his anger and sat down , her trance got broken as she was called to stage .

____________________________

Keep loving the story
Thanku 😊

Stay tuned spread positivity