Chapter 22

Peter's POV

Man have I screwed up. She is so mad at me but I just can't believe she didn't tell me she could mask her scent.

"You do know that you screwed up don't you," Damien speaks up as we walk back to the pack house and I just give him a glare.

"Yes I do know. Thanks for pointing that out for me."

"Sorry man."

"Don't worry about it it's just she's so frustrating sometimes."

"Well every relationship goes that way whether it's with mates or humans. Every relationship has bumps. Nobody is perfect."

I sigh and say, "I know but still."

"But still nothing Peter and you know it. Let her calm down and talk about it. Don't let this get in the way of everything, she already has enough on her plate right now and fighting with you isn't one of them."

"Ok I will apologize once we get back to the house," I conclude slumping in defeat.

We walk the rest of the way in silence and as we get there we part ways, Damien giving me a look and I looking for Paige.

After about 10 minutes I can't find her anywhere. It's like she disappeared on me.

'Paige where are you?' I ask through the mind link. No answer. 'Paige?' I try again. 'Paige answer me dammit!' Well no answer. Calm down Peter she's probably here somewhere cooling down, don't panic.

I sigh and think that I will just have to wait then.

Paige's POV

I can't believe he did that. Man I am really pissed.

I sit down by the lake and take my sock and shoes off putting my feet into the water.

Why does he do this? Why? I know he did it for me but still he knew I was going to get mad.

I felt a tug on the link and I knew he was trying to get in touch with me and I don't let him. Let him worry for awhile. I just stare at the water ripples as I swish my feet back and forth thinking and wondering how my life changed in just a day. I have to save the world in 9 months and on top of that mate. What were my parents thinking or more importantly fate? Why?

I was so deep in thought that I didn't hear the first twig snap but I heard the second one. "Who's there?" I ask looking around. "Who ever you are better leave. I was here first and I wouldn't be messing with me. I'm in no mood to deal with idiots anymore today," I explain to thin air.

"What is a pretty girl like you doing out here by herself?"

"Who are you?" I ask in no mood for talking.

"Who do you think darling? Look real close," he says.

Brown eyes, long shaggy hair, broad shoulders, and at least 6'2. Hmm he does look familiar. I look closer and my eyes widen and a grin breaks out, "Alex?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the cliffhanger but it had to happen.:) Sorry it's short but I will start on the next chapter as quick as I can. Well what did you guys think of this chapter? Boring? Good? Let me know. Well till next time remember to

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FAN!!