Chapter 9

Peter's POV

It's been 2 weeks now and she has not woken up. I'm starting to freak out.

"Ummm."

Did she just moan?

"Ummm."

She did! She is finally getting up!

"I need the pack doctor NOW."

"Yes alpha."

I run over to Paige and start saying, "Paige, can you hear me? If you can move something, anything, please."

She moves her index finger and I was over joyed. You would think I would have have a different reaction but I think she is my second mate.

After putting all the pieces together that was my best choice. If she is I will never let her go like I did with Sarah but she was a bitch in the first place.

Paige's POV

Man do I feel tired. That light took a lot out of me.

I moan a couple of times and I hear Peter saying that I should move something, anything. So I lift my index finger.

I hear the door open then close and I would have guessed Peter left but I could still feel Peter's body heat.

I slowly opened my eyes to an older lady that at least looked early-thirties and Peter looking at me with a... happy look? Wonder what's that about but I'm not going to wonder right now.

"Paige, how are you feeling?"

"Tired and who are you?"

"Shirly, the pack doctor, and do you remember what happened last?"

"Ya rouges surrounded me and a bright light shot out and they were up against trees unconscious then after that I passed out."

"Wow you do remember," says Shirly.

"Ya," I say. I will tell them about myself when Peter and I are alone.

A lady comes into the room with a tray of food and a glass of water.

"You must be hungry being out of it for 2 weeks. I made you my famous lasagna and mash potatoes."

"Thank you. Now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry ma'am."

"You're welcome dear and call me Beth."

"Thanks again Beth and wait did you say 2 weeks?"

"Yes Paige, 2 weeks. Do you know how worried I was," says Peter. 

"It couldn't have been that long it only felt like a couple days."

"What do you mean 'couple days'?"

"Umm, I, umm." Busted. Dang it. How could I slip up now I will have to tell them but I could stall as long as I can by eating.

I shoveled food into my mouth and say, "Yum, this is good Beth. No wonder it's famous."

"Thank you dear."

"Paige, you didn't answer my question," exclaimed Peter.

"Now Peter, leave the poor girl alone and let her eat for now. You can interrogate later," says Beth.

"Peter remember what I told you before," says Shirly.

"Fine, but this is not over."

I sigh thankful that he dropped it for now and I'm thankful for Beth and Shirly. I think I just made some real friends, even though they are older but I don't care. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's so short!!! Please forgive me!! I have a lot going on with school but school comes first!! Next upload should be next weekend or Wednesday hopefully! So remember to

COMMENT

VOTE

AND

FAN!!!!

PLEASE!!!!