Lukas' Home

"Charles, some help would be nice. We got an extra mouth to feed." Sue complained as she made dinner for her family, plus one. It was the following day and Max was now safely with them until further notice.

Charles, Lukas' father, sighed. "Of course darling, I'm just distracted." He put down the book he was reading and went to help his wife. "When's the last time you checked on the kids?"

"An hour ago." Sue checked the time. "Do you think this was a mistake? Letting a teenage girl stay here? She does drug and Lord knows what else. Not to mention that the spare bedroom is right next to Lukas."

"Have some faith in our son." Charles rubbed his wife's shoulders. "I'm sure that girl has wonderful potential under all that negative stuff."

"I feel bad for her, poor thing...but I don't want her dragging our son into more dangerous situations. He could of DIED yesterday, Charles!" Sue got upset and dropped the spoon she was using to stir the chili she was making.

Charles pulled her into a tight embrace. "I know, it scares me to death too...but don't you remember our youth? Darling, you used to be that little girl. Alone, scared, in need of a kind heart."

Sue sighed and rested her head on her husband's shoulder. "Our son really turned out to be like you...I've never been more proud, and more scared..."

"Um, ew." Erica said as she walked into the kitchen. She waited for her parents to stop showing affection. "I thought you'd like to know that the two lovebirds are in Lukas' room. Door closed." Erica loved telling on her brother. He was the golden child, but she didn't mind. As long as she could enjoy messing with him.

"Oh no..." Sue quickly went upstairs to knock on Lukas' door. She was worried, but not about to open the door without knocking. "Lukas, open the door."

Lukas opened the door. "Mom, please. Max is having a panic attack and she wants privacy."

Sue could hear the girl crying in the background. "Oh...do you two need anything?"

"Just privacy." Lukas started shutting the door again.

"Okay, but bring her downstairs in twenty minutes to eat."

"I will" Lukas shut the door again.

Max was in his bed, cuddling into the blankets that smelt like him. Everything smelt like him and it was surprisingly pleasant. Sue must of recently freshened up his room. It was a unique smell, Sue must of had cleaning secrets.

"It's okay Max, keep breathing." Lukas got back on the bed and rubbed her back. The panic attack came on suddenly while they were discussing what could potentially happen. STIs, pregnancy. Those were the more physical effects that they had to think about. Max hated the thought of Neil leaving an imprint on her.

"Keep breathing, you're doing good." Lukas praised her as she managed to keep breathing through the panic. "I'll be here no matter what happens. Your period should be here any day, and most infections can be fully treated... you'll be okay."

-

Lukas walked downstairs for dinner without Max. "Sorry, I lost track of time." He apologized for coming down late.

Erica wanted to make a comment, maybe even accuse them of making out. Although her mom told her to be respectful because something serious happened. So, Erica said, "Where's Max?"

"She doesn't want to come down." Lukas sighed and took a seat. His eyes were sore and watery from crying. That's probably what really kept his sister from making a joke.

"Are you okay?" Charles reached over to pat his son on the shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah..." Lukas didn't even know if that was true. "Dinner smells good mom, thank you."