7 | old money.

𝐍𝐘𝐂, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘴 𝘍𝘪𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴| 12:35 PM

Ace stepped off the treadmill and wiped the remaining sweat off of his forehead, while his brother Adrian mocked behind him.

"Why you gotta be such a dickhead?" Ace mugged him, grabbing a towel and sitting down. He stretched his long, tall body down on the seat as Adrian sat next to him grabbing a bottle of water.

"Just saying, I'm passing you up now don't you think?"

"Nigga just cause you ran a lil more on the treadmill today don't meant you tougher. I'll still beat yo ass." Ace said calmly.

The two brothers were finally catching up on some time together. With Adrian being in college and Ace running a business, sometimes it was hard getting to see each other often like they did in Baltimore.

"Don't underestimate. What's been going on with you though? I had like five bitches text me like, OH MY GOD is that your brother on the Shaderoom?" Adrian laughed. Ace mugged him a little while.

"People being nosey that's all. The media ain't true at all, but that was me and Stony. She's cool peoples, you'll meet her one day." He said shrugging. Adrian side eyed his brother a bit.

"Oh so that's you?" He asked smirking, implying that him and Stony were more than friends. He shook his head.

"Like I said .. she's cool peoples. I don't think I can be in a relationship right now. Monaé fucked me up, all my energy is gone." He said honestly. It was crazy what one persons toxicity could do to you. To Ace, dating felt like a chore. He wanted that feeling to come naturally one day.

"I'm glad you're done with Monique. Man when I tell you she would not stop calling me about you? It got to the point where I had to pretend I was customer service, like she had the wrong number or some shit."

Ace busted out laughing at his brothers comments. Every time she was brought up, someone fucked up her name badly. He hated that other people had hated her more than he did.

"Enough about ole girl, this show I got coming up is finna be a game changer."

"When is it gonna be?" Adrian asked, grabbing a basketball and shooting it, and then missing.

"Nigga you're ass ... and it's in Atlanta at the end of this month. Hella designers and all."

"I'm proud of you. I wish Unique and I could come too." Adrian chimed in. Nique was their closest cousin growing up, and she was always super supportive of Ace and his interest in fashion. With Adrian having classes he wouldn't have been able to make it.

"Hell yeah. I haven't seen Nique in a while though."

"She should be coming to Manhattan soon, we talked the other day. You know she been having problems ..." Adrian trailed off.

Nique had a really toxic relationship with her father. He was older and she was taking care of him, but he would take advantage of her kindness and be hella rude to her.

"I don't know why she won't put his old ass in a nursing home." Ace mugged. Adrian nearly spit out his water.

"I mean I'm serious. He be talking to her crazy. I would've been pushed him out that wheelchair."

"Hell is hot, like real hot." Adrian mentioned before nodding at him to play ball with him."

"I'm not going to hell before I meet my soul mate. If I die single, I'm coming back to beat somebody ass as a ghost." Ace chuckled.