14 | carpe diem.

{Small Time Jumps ⚠️}

𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘛𝘑'𝘴 𝘉𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘱 | 2:54 PM

"Rai love telling somebody what to do — but every time I do it I'm sassy?" Kam asked leaning back into his seat while TJ, Rollie, and Ace all listened. It was around 2 o'clock in the barbershop and there was nothing major going on at the moment. After Ace finally dealt with the mess from Monaé, he's felt much more comfortable.

Knowing that she was far enough away from him to not disturb him or Stony's peace was amazing, and he wasn't going to let anything else disturb it for as long as he was there.

"That's they favorite word nowadays. Can't do shit without being sassy, a nigga tired." TJ added while lining up his clients hair.

"Nigga you been sassy before it got popular." Ace was sitting in the barber chair across from him.

"I ain't l never been  sassy, you must be talking about Rollie zesty ass." He pointed over at Rollie who was busy eating a zebra cake.

"Bitch don't play with me. I was never zesty, I had all the hoes back in the day. From pre-school to high school." He mugged him while the rest of them just laughed.

"See there you go, being sassy." Kam laughed.

"Y'all can't be acting this way in front of customers." Ace told them. TJ had a client in the chair who was observing everything that was going on.

"Oh here go Mr.Businessman, just vibeee twin."

Ace laughed before taking some of the drink he had in his cup and swallowing it. "Don't be mad at me cause I'm professional." He shrugged.

Kam let out a long sigh while moving thumbs at a rapid pace and furrowing his eyebrows. Everyone stared at him patiently before he turned around to speak.

"She keep saying I don't care about her no more. All because I said I'm not getting her a chopped cheese. Who eats that at almost three in the afternoon?" He said becoming more and more frustrated.

"Nigga if you don't go get her the damn sandwich. It's a bodega on every corner round here." Rollie told him.

"Me personally, if my woman told me what to do I'd just do it. Ion feel like hearing allat." Ace said throwing his hands up.

"Y'all are no help in this bitch. I just dropped some food off to her before I left out today. She been eating like crazy lately." He sighed before stuffing his phone back into his pocket.

Rollie, TJ, and Ace all looked at each other a little funny after what he said. "What you mean lately?"

Kam took a breath before speaking. "Like maybe a couple weeks now. It's crazy to me."

Rollie sat up and held his chest dramatically. "I'm finna be a uncle?! I can't take this anymore." There was an eruption of laughter in the barbershop after his comment while Kam got up quickly.

"Nigga she not pregnant! She's greedy. It's a difference."

Ace laughed to himself. If Rai was really pregnant, the first person that would know would be Stony - and then Stony would probably be so excited and tell him or Junie. He knew that it was probably way too good to be true.

"Y'all tripping. Aye but guess what we doing Friday night?" TJ said, cleaning up his clients hair and taking their robe off, signaling that he was finishing up.

"What we doing?" Ace stared at everybody confused. He was so relaxed and chill all week that he didn't notice what they were talking about.

"You turning 23, we turning up all day!" His friends cheered on while he stared blankly at each of them.