23 | break from new york.

TWO MONTHS LATER
𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘉𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘎𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘭 | 5:11 pm

__

"I'm just saying, you could be a lot better." Ace sighed, listening to Russell talk to him as they sat inside a bar. It was currently 7 in the evening, and all Ace could think about was how Stony's mental health was.

This was his first time being out and doing something outside of work. For the past two months, it's been nothing but work and constant focus on his and Stony's brand.

Even then, their relationship was starting to feel like a partnership. Between all of the family drama and then balancing being CEO's, it was damn near impossible to sit down and actually spend time with each other.

The last thing Ace wanted was for them to feel like each others roommates.

In the last two months, Junie ended up finally going to school and moving out. On top of the drama with their mom, she had to endure Junie moving away— but also getting acquainted with Ace and living in their new home.

But it wasn't going the way they planned or hoped.

"I could be, but shit happens. I'a be ight." Ace shrugged, trying to downplay his feelings to Russell who just sighed and shook his head.

"How is she?"

Ace tensed up at the question, pondering on it a little bit as he thought about an answer. "Taraji is strong, but everything she's going through I'm going through right along with her. I'm tryna be the best man I can be for her, but I feel like I'm failing." He pushed out, cringing at the thought of being vulnerable.

Russell chuckled and took a sip of his drink before responding. "I'm sure she doesn't think that. Hell, a lot of niggas don't even realize this before it's too late. It's good that you even care."

Ace nodded. "I feel like that's the bare minimum though. Wondering if you might be falling behind as a partner."

"You can say that, but some people don't take the initiative to fix it. Shit, sometime people notice shit and they let it build up without communicating. I think y'all will be alright though."

Ace nodded, he definitely needed to communicate with Stony. It was a must that the two go back into their groove again. He felt a physical and spiritual tie to her, and he couldn't sit back and see his lady be stressed out and sad all the time.

"I got you. Aye, I'm about to head out right now. You staying or?" Ace asked him as he got up, grabbing his keys. Russell nodded his head yes while the two dapped each other up, saying their goodbyes as Ace left out of the bar.

__

𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐧, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘈𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘺'𝘴 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘰 | 6:22 pm

Stony sat solemnly inside of her work room as she stared at her computer. She got some things done today; For instance she had a lot of emails that she needed to respond to. She sent out payroll for her employees which didn't consist of many right now, but was enough at the moment. And on top of that, she got intel on a restock for the store.

The penthouse was so big, she didn't even hear Ace come in. There were cameras everywhere though, just in case she needed to peek at a monitor and view their driveway and outside the house.

She sighed lowly, clicking through her computer screen as she sat in the room dead silent. Usually, she'd have music on or something but right now she just wanted to work in silence.