9 | bound 2.

𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘺'𝘴 𝘈𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 | 1:36 PM

Stony's eyes fluttered open as she looked around, noticing the aroma around her. It was a candle lit around there somewhere, and it smelt of pumpkin spice.

She sighed, getting off the couch and walking to her island to take some ibuprofen. She slept in late because she had a headache, but it seemed to only had gotten worse.

The last 5 days had flown by super quick. Tomorrow morning, she was going to travel with Ace to Atlanta for his first show. She decided that being his plus one was a sweet way to show thanks for saving her that night at the club.

Ace's cousin Nique was going to be with Junie while Stony was out of town. Her and Stony met before, and she had no problem staying over. Stony decided to use this as an opportunity to escape the city, and go somewhere new for a change.

"Finally you're up." Junie chimed in, walking into their living room and seeing Stony leant over the counter.

"I know right. I feel like I just took an edible or something."

"Girl please." Junie laughed, walking over to the bluetooth in the kitchen and connecting her phone. Gonna Love Me by Teyana Taylor played slowly while both sisters began to talk.

"I'm not gonna ask how you've been feeling ... but are you excited to go to Atlanta?"

Stony smiled to herself, knowing that her and Ace were going to have so much fun. The two have been a lot more sensual lately. After the kiss they both shared, a lot of their hugs became longer, visits became more frequent, and their conversations were more flirty and intimate.

She definitely had a crush on him to say the least, but she wasn't going to admit that. Stony wanted to focus on herself first, and see where things went.

The biggest focus she had for herself was investing all the money she made from the clubs, and open up the boutique she always dreamed about. She wanted to be a business owner, and she wasn't going to stop until she got there.

Luckily, Ace knew a thing or two about entrepreneurship. They talked about it every day. He was eager to get her to that goal.

"I'm excited, but honestly kind of nervous. These past few months have been crazy you know? The ShadeRoom be up my ass everywhere I go, and then the drama with his ex. What if all that follows there?"

"Knowing Ace, it won't. Clearly he doesn't fuck around." Junie shrugged, reassuring her sister.

Stony didn't want to focus on the negativity, but she did have a lot of hurt to let go. Self-discovery and healing was her making focus, and becoming the best version of herself for her and Junie.

"And plus you deserve this break. You've done a lot for me, Rai, everyone. It's the best thing for you right now. Some time away, especially with ya boo thang."

"Oh STOP, he is not my boo thang." Stony laughed while fumbling with her wrists.

"I know denial when I see it. He's always over, and I hear you two on the phone. Plus, he's calling my little sis. You'd neverrrrr let some random call me that." Junie was right. As overprotective as Stony was, she wouldn't let just anyone call her little sister their "little sis".

"Ace and I are friends Junie. He's definitely not ready for a relationship right now after Monaé."

"Did he tell you that?"

"No, but I mean it's clear. They had a publicized breakup and all that media drama, plus the man's got a business. He's a whole CEO, I'm the last thing he's worried about." Stony said shrugging.