I'm Liking This Reality

I stared at the leader of the goofballs that had held us captive.

Sharp features with a smirk that I barely couldn't resist smacking off his face. A pair of brown eyes, probably the color of his soul. And long-styled dirty blond hair with red extensions.

Will make sure that the color of the extensions becomes natural.

Wait, does hair dye still exist in the apocalypse? Maybe it is natural... can't be too sure in a world with anime vampires and over-the-top hot topic esthetic people have in here. I mean, Io and Anderson have distinctive hair colors and they don't look out of place... well, out of place as much as they can be between ex-human immortals who use their superpowers through blood wizardry.

Gotta remember that this is a new reality that shares similarities with a JRPG of sorts.

Anyway, throwing the useless thoughts at the back of my head, I made damn sure to burn the image of the bastard in front of me in my head.

There had been slight changes in his explanation as to why we are being sent to collect blood beads. Although now it's more of a speech.

First, he didn't have one of the twins beaten up for no reason. Though it makes sense, they don't seem to be able to take any more punishment.

Second, he explained how it's Silva's hounds, Cerberus organization from the Provisional Government, that WE have to do this.

That if they don't get their blood beads tax, everyone will suffer. We get our shirts ripped out of our backs and will be left defenseless.

Trying to make this situation be a 'them against us.'

But in reality, it is them against others while we are caught in the middle.

Really trying to sell the whole 'we are victims of the circumstances' type bullshit. The difference between the game and this reality is that he at least tried to shift the blame more.

((Tried)) with some big fu*king emphasis. He was spouting such raw bullshit while we are being unmistakably worked as slaves for them. But he still wore his barely used and tidy blood veil.

Hypocrisy is a tribute that vice pays virtue to.

He will get what's coming to him and I pray to ROB that he survives so I can make a hole where his rotten heart lies.

Aside from those 2 little differences, the rest remained similar...

This means that he still stopped Io from coming with the yet-to-be-introduced Oliver and me.

Motherf*ckers!

Probably took a look at her when I was unconscious!

For fu*k sake.

And so, here I stand gazing at the c*nt who I hope I get to finish off when I come back.

"Woaaahhh!" My new scouting partner tugged my arm, "let's calm down and get going..."

I finally broke eye contact and from the corner of my eye saw Io give me a nod, meaning that she will do as I told her.

Well, there is no use staying here any longer. Have to get to the ruined underground city where I need to meet Louis no matter what.

And like I said before, most things remained similar...

Like how we got spartan kicked off the ledge leading to the maze assembled by a destroyed multi-level parking lot filled with Lost!

"Sonsofb!tches!!" I managed to land with my legs and kill most of the momentum by rolling.

Not gonna lie and put up a brave front. I didn't do cool like a cucumber would've done because the height gave me a good scare. Thankfully, superhuman instincts kicked in real quick.