To The Home Base!

"It's... different. I can't understand it myself, the blue blood is within you, but the one that dwelled within you was already... distinct..." Io's tender touch caressed my bleeding hand.

"... so the blue blood isn't affecting the BOR Parasite?" I questioned.

"Indeed." She closed her eyes, "it appears that an equilibrium exists between the two, the crimson blood is potent but not as dense yet."

I internally sighed at the news.

It seems that the blood of the queen wasn't trying to take over me and use me as a proxy now that she is split apart in an attempt to resurrect herself or some grand bullsh!t. Now I have a new problem in my hands, more like in my chest, it seems that my BOR Parasite was special from the beginning, and who knows what kind of effect it will have on me once I restore it along with the memories of the original owner of this body.

Oh boy. I don't know if this is worse or better. But I do know that it can talk... kinda.

But what about the other one if this thing was one of the voices when I was about to frenzy when I woke up? I recognize one of them being feminine, despite the distortion. There are only two kinds of blood in me so I would guess that it belongs to the Queen or Cruz while the other one is undoubtedly my parasite...

One was telling me to kill and survive while trying to take over me and the other told me to hold my ground... Man, this is kind of confusing but at least I suppose I'm able to talk to them. After all, that voice back in the underground facility, if you could even call it a voice, told me that it couldn't use whatever gift I was trying to use or something along those lines.

"Was I of any assistance?" Her mellow inquiry made me realize I had zoned out too long.

"You helped out a lot, thank you." I smiled and patted her fluffy hair with my other hand. I was truly relieved. Despite having a new and probably bigger problem than before, I now had a clearer course of action to take.

"Alright, so there won't be any danger if I use this vestige, right?" I assumed, looking at the red crystal lying on top of a worn-down cloth.

Such crystal would usually mean death to the revenant who holds it, but I was an exception. Due to being contaminated by the queen's blood, I became a successor even without implanting a relic, a queen's body part, inside of me. This is also why getting my heart partly destroyed didn't work since the queen is so damn resilient that she couldn't be killed and was sealed away inside compatible individuals. So my unique situation is even special among the successors.

But the ability I inherited by the queen isn't some op power right off the bat like creating shadow clones as Nicolas Bonaparte does or becoming an Indu version of Sif. However, I gained the ability of purifying mistles and blood springs along with the ability to obtain blood codes from vestiges. Something more useful in the long run.

And the vestiges themselves seem to be the same according to the explanation that Io has given me. Crystal-like formations left once a revenant either turns to ashes or a lost does. The former seems to be more common though. They have echoes of the user and also hold a part of their blood code. As for the why and how? nobody has an idea since you literally suffer a fate worse than death by just touching it.

"There shouldn't be. But if there is, I will stop the transfusion." She declared. Resolute in helping me no matter what.

I nodded, "alright, then follow me." She let go of me and I cleaned our hands with the cloth, the cut on my hand was already closing.

We got up and left the small room, making our way upstairs directly to the top of the building where a sitting Yami gazed down at the post now overflowing with copious amounts of wild Lost.