No Pain No Gain

The mistle in the home base flashed with a white light as golden particles shoot from it. Slowly expanding in size before molding into multiple human outlines.

"Oh, finally." Rin saw the team's arrival, a sight that usually made her worried as the assembly process was similar to when one is killed and reformed.

But given that it was the whole party, she didn't believe that they were all killed at the same time.

'It took them just a little bit less than two days.' She remembered the last time Yakumo and Louis came from the futile expedition as the blood spring was dried once they reached it.

The mission took both revenants three whole months, granted that was their first expedition to the Dried Up Trenches. But now, with a group of six instead of two, they were making quick work of such excruciating voyages.

Despite their superior efficiency compared to before when it was just Yakumo and Louis, the new team members needed plenty of training.

'Especially Adam.' She saw the team fully materialize.

Rin was quite young when the collapse happened, just a sixteen-year-old teen when she was turned into a revenant to fight off the queen and her army of lost. She earned a name for herself and her wild fighting style, one developed by her Olympic-level gymnastics and a lack of self-preservation, consequently, making her a fighting machine.

Setting records on monsters slain by a lone individual wherever she went, being one step above the 'wonder boy' in that aspect. Given that she received training from the best of the best when it comes to training and building her body in her Olympic activities, adding onto the fact that she trained with the most elite revenants during the Queenslayer operation, she was more than qualified to transform the new members into fighting machines.

As for why she isn't on the front lines if she is strong? That is something she only knows... or she wished to know, she can't bring herself to step back out into the battlefield. Even if she is scared deep down about the reason, she wasn't about to back out from regaining her memories.

One more reason to train Adam.

'Oh well, at least I still had enough time to fix and adjust the new equipment that Davis delivered.' It was time to put that bas- Adam through a-

"YESSS!!!" Yami cried as soon as he set foot in the base, kneeling and hugging the tiled foundation of the old cathedral. Tears of joy welled up in his eyes like a person tasting ice cream after years of a strict diet.

Oliver set down his hammer on the ground, supporting himself on it to maintain his balance. Just looking down, not uttering a word.

Rin waved at Yakumo and Louis who nodded back. They didn't show it much, but they were just as happy to return. She remembered the grim faces the duo had when they came back from that place.

"Dude, if I didn't go to hell for loving a man, I would kiss you!!" Yami, almost drowning in his snot and tears, hugged Adam as if they were childhood friends.

"You still are." The latter got him off before looking at Io. "How are you feeling?"

The girl lightly exhaled, "Relieved..."

Adam raised an eyebrow at what could be Io's first genuine expression of her mood. Even if it's one of tiredness.

"Stop just standing there letting your stench fill the hall!!" Rin yelled from the counter with towels and bottles of body wash ready.

"Sorry sorry," Yakumo and the group quickly went to the hot springs. Adam and Io going to their room.

Rin immediately got to work on their equipment, barely standing their reeking smell of death. One that she was used to, but disliked more than anything else.