The More You Know ⭐

"-so you just use some cloth then give it a smack, at least half the stuff that shouldn't be there will come out," Rin explained while shaking the unloaded bayonet, right outside of her vault where a workbench was available for everyone to use.

"The rest will probably leave too once you shoot it." She added while looking at the silver-haired girl.

"It's rather simple," Io commented while observing the complicated patterns and pieces of the weapon.

"Yup. Not all revenants have trained with weapons and these were made so anyone can pick them up and use them. But accuracy and that are entirely different things." The weaponsmith of the base was giving a crash course to Io.

Gun beats sword.

Such a simple fact changed once the revenants were created to fight the horrors that descended upon humanity after the Great Collapse. Now it became a debate only won by those who simply had more skill or blood code fit for their weapon. Coupled with the fact that most revenants don't have much trouble reacting to supersonic speeds, the debate became much more divided.

Granted, seeing and reacting are wildly different things when there is a new hole between your eyes.

The bayonet has become the newbie's weapon of choice since it was distributed during the Queen slayer operation. But it was soon understood that only those with high ichor count or special gifts could use it as their main weapon. The rest had to use it as a secondary or just not use it all.

So, many end up using swords, spears, glaives, hammers, or kanabos once they get comfortable enough with their gifts.

"And these lines?" Io's fingers traced the wild vein-like marks engraved in the weapon with her finger, just between the circuit paths where the ichor is separated from the blood of slain enemies for the user's consumption.

"Those are so we can improve our weapons using the queen alloys and haze. I'm not gonna drop the whole codex on yah since that only concerns the weaponsmiths. Better for you to see it for yourself when I'm working on a weapon." Rin waved it off and decided to just leave it for later.

"Very well." Io understood and inquired Rin in regards to the other weapons she had in her vault.

The weapons girl gladly told her everything Io asked and then some. 'Her voice is so nice.'

It wasn't every day that Rin gets to talk about her hobby to a newcomer. It always has been Rin and Yakumo until they met Louis and Coco. Then Davis, a Cerberus officer, offered a deal with them once they became known. And among those people, she could only talk very little about weapons as they didn't share as much enthusiasm as her.

They always left such matters to the weaponsmith.

And she wasn't the only one happy about someone going out of their way to talk and learn about her weapons.

Adam was pleasantly surprised when Io showed interest in learning about the weapons Rin had. Though it shouldn't be a big deal as knowing how to use the weapons in the vault would ultimately just be Io trying to help him. Like an attendant should.

But it wasn't about that. It was about the fact that Adam didn't need to tell her to learn anything. Just as long as she goes out of her way to help and ends up socializing with the people at the base, he is happy.

Although he didn't know the kind of impact that the spar he had with Yakumo had on Io's mind.

'...he was smiling.' The main reason she was going out of her way to learn weaponry and even acquire information was because of how Adam has acted. The person she is supposed to help and alleviate the pain of was apparently enjoying being hurt. It boggled her mind how a bloodied and beaten Adam smiled while fighting Yakumo.