Business

As I carved the weapon's veins, a blinding light flashed with white sparks.

Inactive Ichor, haze, and a tinge of blood combined by the 'welding stick' were all needed for the initial stages of weapon augmentation while the rest would require more traditional methods. The materials ferried through the tubes twisting around the base and hugging the handle where my hand rested.

The feeling of my ichor being sucked by the machine through the handle that embraced the tip of my fingers felt a bit wrong. But it was me and my big mouth that got me here so I might as well try.

The rate of transfer and the density at which I gather ichor in my fingers are the two factors that mattered the most.

"Huh, you know, with Io being around you I doubted that you would be this good at handling rods, Kek." Rin inspected the now glowing veins in the blade.

Before I could counter, Io frowned behind me, "I'm sure he is more than capable of handling one rod."

"Hahahahahhaha." Rin's little cackle turned into full chortling that didn't belong to a kid.

"Ugh, Io!" I can't believe you've done this!

"I thought you were on my side." Why was her first attempt at defending me like this?!

And all she returned to me was a head tilt with an expression full of confusion, "I'm behind you."

"Oh, you two." Rin wiped a tear of mirth from her eye before submerging the weapon in a vat of... lava?

She cleared her throat, "Anyway, yes. I forgive you for using a blood veil to absorb literal liquid venom and bringing it back thinking that it can somehow be fixed in one day AND that you called me flat!" Rin waved off the matter from before when we were in the hot springs.

"Besides, if you can help me with those eyes of yours that need no protection from the lights and flames I can help you with your training." She turned to me and gave me the good news.

That's right, my eyes are pretty much immune to blinding lights. I could just stare at the sun for days and I would have no trouble adjusting if I were to be transported into a dark room. I guessed that if my sight wasn't obstructed by the tinted glass of my mask, maybe dazzling lights might apply too. Besides, it's not like I would receive permanent damage since my eyes will heal either way.

"That's great and all, but you still haven't told me about those veins between the ichor passages." My one question was still unanswered even now.

"That? I have no idea."

"Didn't you say you knew??"

"I KNEW someone who did..."

"..."

"But there is a theory about it! Because you know, a lot of research was destroyed and we lost the 'why' and while the 'how' remained after the Great Collapse." She shrugged.

"We lost contact with old man Alexander long ago, and he was the only one who possibly knew outside of government officials. We don't know if he got tired of making weapons and just left or... worse..." She explained with a grave tone.

Alexander was a new name, probably the man who created the two weapons brandished by Louis and Yakumo. If my guess is not wrong, that is.

Since he made a weapon that had almost a spell-like structure in one of his creations that could hold Louis' flame without it ever degrading and facilitate the fire-summoning speed, it wasn't far-fetched that such a man held deep knowledge of how to utilize the veins in weapons.

"But Louis has speculated that since Haze is just inactive BOR cells that the parasite gets rid of when dispersing, be it for increased efficiency in their reassembling process or perhaps even gets rid of defective traits, it is possible that attempting to augment a weapon they will naturally try to become whole when infused with Ichor and blood.