A Good Start!

"Alright..." Yakumo inspected his just reformed body, "this is freaky, but it really is damn useful."

The rematerialized revenants did the same, the wonder and disbelief clear on their faces.

After checking my own supplies that I bought, I looked around for any reactions from what they should've seen while traveling through the mistle. The tinted glass of my mask is not hindering my vision even in the caverns.

But not a single one of them said anything about the horror paralysis demon incarnate that I have for my roommate in my body.

Guess that it only is visible to me when we are in that weird void where consciousness exists only. Considering it lives in my consciousness or shares it in some kind, it was likely that I would be the only one to notice it. So it's just me and my demons, heh.

"Are these the caverns you explored?" He glanced around and asked us.

"Yup, just add some miasma here and there coupled with some ugly screech every now and then." I nodded, that would be pretty much the general vibe of the underground.

"...miasma..." Yakumo finally noticed the lack of it. A small chuckle escaped the man once he saw a revitalized mistle beside him.

"This thing was definitely dead...wow." Yami poked the chimera plant with curiosity.

"We should get going soon." Louis brought everyone's attention back to the objective and looked at the jet-black-haired revenant.

"Right, this is my time to shine!" With the blood code that gives him keen sensory capabilities, he is able to discern his surroundings like a sonar. Just like a bat in a cave, he was in his element.

And let me tell you, having five revenants explore the cave that I and Oliver had moderate trouble exploring, made this a walk in the park.

Other than finding those giant snoted wanderers, nothing really managed to put up a fight. This also gave me some freedom to experiment with my new two blood codes and their gifts, well, only one of them.

Apozypoz, Ren's Blood Code. But he calls it Apoz for short.

"BAH%^(?!" A purple schmuck bolted towards me with the wrath of a thousand suns, roaring with mindless rage and fury.

Which made the next scene quite funny to me as-

*thud*

It slipped and fell face-first on the floor covered by my liquified slime. It attempted to get up with its arms but ended up pushing itself forward, falling face-first once again.

The slippery multicolored liquid makes any attempt at standing up absolutely hilarious.

"AHHHHHhhhh" *thud* "AHHGg-" *thud*

"Pft..." Yami snorted, watching the show ensue. "Guess it's time to test if my trick works with this weapon too." He walked forward to the lost doing its best impression of a worm, truly deserving of an Oscar.

I managed to make the slime move out of his step by holding a thread connecting to the pool of slippery liquid under the beast. I learned a few tricks, like the one I'm doing just now.

I was a bit stubborn about controlling it as if I had telekinesis, but having a connection to the slime I'm trying to control makes things hundreds of times easier. Another piece of advice I got was to try and make the slime liquify instead of trying to condense it into a rock-like structure to throw around as an earth bender.

I was so excited about the new power that I just jumped to the last level. I really have to remind myself more than once that Ren had at least a decade of experience with his blood code or maybe more.