Shield Lost

Extraordinary.

That was the only way I could describe this feeling. It wasn't some flashy laser eyes or actual X-ray vision but it wasn't about that, it was about what real superpowers would feel like.

The clear path of the strikes, a slight finger twitching before it swipes at my face. The beast that had me almost calling for backup the moment I saw it was so... sluggish? Slow? No. This monster was fast and ferocious. To put it simply, I felt like I was in control of this situation.

Sure, it wasn't anything groundbreaking like seeing the future. But I wouldn't complain.

*swish*

The claws of a purple-gray limb cut the air beside me.

The continuous barrage of clawing and snarling from the thrall lost was a bit overwhelming at first. But I now have somewhat adapted.

Hitting the Lost with my overrated metal toothpick did nothing to it aside from knocking it back, and making it buckle when hitting the joints.

I could frankly deal fatal damage with the metal pipe if I put some effort in. But one has to remember one thing; Losts are still Revenants.

They will heal from injuries. And guess what? This bootleg hollow would heal any wound dealt to it before another one is inflicted!

But with all this trial and error, I discovered something... well, sort of.

I think I know why backstabs were a thing in the game now.

The BOR Parasites spread their influence from the heart to the rest of the body. And the path of infection starts from the chest outwards, following the major veins and bones inside the body towards the limbs, but this means one thing. The lower back of most Lost is the softest part of their tempered skin.

That is just a theory of mine. But so far, it makes sense to me.

*swish*

Aside from that, night vision seems to be included in the package too. The darkness around me doesn't bother me. I didn't even notice until Oliver pointed out how hard it was to navigate this place without a light source.

Same with miasma, it doesn't hinder my vision much, but I can tell it's there.

*swish*

Weaving to the side, I dodged a downward strike from the monster. Tensing the tendons in my hand invoking the claws of my blood veil, I let go immediately.

The thorn-like claws lodged deep into its lower side all the way to the heart, crushing it.

"@&$₩¥€" an indistinguishable shrill escaped the Lost. It came out like gravel, not pleasant to the ears at all.

Jesus Christ my ears hurt.

These monsters were more horrifying than their game counterparts. Would shit myself if I heard that coming from my closet at night 7 out of 10 times.

"Fuuhh..." I let go of a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding. I was too concentrated on seeing the slight twitches and other peculiar movements. Man, it would've been embarrassing to pass out because of that.

"...that was something." I chuckled to myself with a shaky tone.

I did maintain my cool while fighting a monster that could be many people's paralysis demons. But that didn't mean I wasn't scared or excited.

The Lost look a lot creepier than in the game. Which made my skin crawl when I saw it feasting on the viscera and blood of another dead Lost twitching every now and then, trying to regenerate and fight back in vain. They seem to have no remorse for each other, which is good for me.