Chapter 2: The Afton house

After some hours of playing around the pizzeria it started to get dark. "It's getting dark" past dad said "We should go home."

I froze. What am I supposed to do ? My house is probably not built or owned by someone else at this time.
I could ask to go with them but don't know if it's the best idea, how would they react ?

*Flashback*

Dad and I were coming back from the  mall when we saw a little girl crying.

We went to her and dad knelt next to her. "Why are you crying" he asked. She stopped crying and looked at him. "I..I l..lost my mom" she sobbed.

Dad smiled "We will help you to find her" he said. "Th..thanks" the little girl replied.
______

"Thank you for helping my daughter Sir" the girl's mother said. "I'm always here to help people who need it ma'am" dad replied. "Thank you again mister" the little girl added. Dad smiled and we left.

"Dad ?" I asked after some times "Yes Superstar ?" he said. "Why are you so nice to everyone and always help them ?"

Dad stopped, looked at me and knelt down. "You know, even if I lost my values between Elizabeth and Evan's death, I always been here to help people, especially children, when they needed it. Even if I didn't always knew why they needed this help." He stopped a moment and closed his eyes. "It's like a part of me,... and helping make me feel like I deserve a bit of forgiveness from my family."

*End of Flashback*

Maybe he won't ask why I need to sleep at their house. I looked at my father's past self, he was staring at me.

"Are you ok ?" he asked me. "Oh, hum... I'm fine" I replied nervously. "Can we go home ? I'm tired." I heard Evan asking. "Sure we can" past dad replied.

They started walking away. "Wait !" I screamed. They turned and looked at me with a questioning gaze.

"Hum..." I started, rubbing  my neck nervously. "Can I come with you ?" I finally said. I waited for an answer but they were just looking at me.

"Sure" past dad say "If your parents don't mind." 'of course he ask for my parents, he could be like a kidnapping either way ' I closed my eyes, breathed and reopened them. "I'm sure they won't mind" I said.

"If you're sure about that then let's go. Follow us."
_______

When we arrived to their house I stopped. It was very big even if it was way smaller than the mansions from my timeline.

"Wow, this is so big " I said with stars in the eyes ."Well, let's say that our father have a lot of money " past dad said embarrassed.

"Daddy build animatronics and own 3 pizzerias !" Elizabeth said happily. "He even built one for me !" she added.

"A pizzeria ?" I teased her. "NO ! AN ANIMATRONIC !"she screamed. I laughed "It's not funny" she shooted.

"Elizabeth please" past dad said trying to calme her down. "Sorry..." I apologized not really meaning it. "It's alright" past dad said "You didn't know she gets angry easily."

I rubbed my neck, I actually did but whatever, for once I don't get mocked at every word I say.

I kept staring at the house. "Your father like to show his money." I said without really caring about the answer. It wasn't a question anyway.

"It's always like that when you have a lot of money I guess." Evan said now also looking at the house like if it was the first time he see it. "No it's not..." I replied, they looked at me. "My father also had a lot of money but we never showed it to the world."

'Probably because dad was a rotting corps and never legally adopted me so showing himself to the world wasn't a good idea.' We never used money than what we need to live, well, what I need to live.

"Do you want to go inside or you're gonna keep staring at the house till tomorrow ?" I heard my father's past self said, taking me back to reality.

"Oh right, let's go inside." I said embarrassed. Past dad was looking at me with a gaze meaning 'what a weird kid'. Well, me who wanted to make a good impression on him. I've never been really good at making impression.

Elizabeth opened the door and we headed inside. It led to the living room, a large room with white walls. In the middle, a large couch faced an old fireplace, between it a small table with flowers, children drawing and blueprints.

The walls were covered of pictures. Most of them were about animatronics and Fazbear franchise, some were pictures of William and Henry and only few them was dad and his siblings. Only one single picture, on the top of the fireplace, was a family photo.

Dad kept that one in his room. I saw it for the first time when I looked for something that could help me to find him after he disappeared. I knew it was stupid and I couldn't change what happened but I couldn't help it.

I walked farther into the room, sliding my hand on the top of the couch. I never imagined that dad lived in that kind of house before, he always hated expensive things and people who buy it.

Probably because of his father.

Speaking of William, since I'm in his house I will probably also meet him today.

I turned to look at my father's past self. "Is your father here ?" I asked. "My father ?" he said with a grin, "He care about his animatronics more than us, he will probably stay at work very late and if he comes back home early it will be to work in the basement." he signed "What a wonderful father." he added sarcastically rolling his eyes.

Past dad leaded us to the kitchen, it was smaller than the living room but still bigger than what I'm used to. Large wooden table and worktop and a lot a furnitures that looked expensive.

Exactly the things that my father hate, it seems like it comes from his past.

"So, what do you guys want to eat ?" past dad asked. "Pasta !" Evan and Elizabeth screamed at the same time, then, the three of them looked at me. 'creepy' "pasta, I guess ?" I said not wanting to contradict them. "Alright," past dad said joyfully turning back to start cooking "let's do this."