Chapter 7: 3 days

I opened my eyes slowly. My head was spinning and I felt dizzy.

I was laying on a bed and I could feel weight next to me - probably a person - I turned my head to see who was there.

Evan was watching me with a worried look. When he saw me looking back at him he jumped off the bed and ran through the corridor "Mikey! Mikey! Gregory's awake!" he screamed.

I tried to sit up but it got my dizziness worse so I laid back down.

A few minutes later Evan came back in the room with both of his siblings.

Past dad sat next to me and put his hand on my forehead, "no fever, that's good" he murmured, "how are you feeling?" he asked. I opened my mouth to answer but no sound got out.

I tried to sit up again, past dad helped me by putting his and on my back and he repositioning the pillow for me to sit better.

I cough to clear my throat with my right hand hold on fist in front of my mouth, the other one on the bed helping me to keep my balance. "I feel a bit dizzy." I said in a hoarse voice making worries even more visible in my dad's past self eyes.

Evan stood up from the side of the bed and led his way to the door, "I'm gonna bring you a glass of water." he smiled in my direction before leaving the room.

"Why did you cry at daddy's comment?" Elizabeth asked with a bitter voice. I looked away, I broke in tears and her only reaction is to be mad at me because it was her 'daddy's comment fault. What an annoying daddy girl.

"Be nicer Elizabeth!" past dad grounded her. "Why do you even defend William? He's a horrible father." he sounded mad but also sad at the same time.

Understandable.

At the same moment Evan came back in the room with the glass of water.

He handled it to me with a feint smile "hope it will make your throat feels better" he murmured while sitting back next to me. I took the glass to my mouth and swallowed a first sip, when it went through my throat it hurt a bit at first but then make it instantly feel better. I took another sip then looked back at Evan "thank you" I said with my almost back to normal voice.

I turned my eyes to my dad's past self "how long have I been out?" I asked knowing it must be long enough for them to react the way they did.

The bored smile on past dad face faded away "you've been out for three days" he answered " you haven't eat for too long!" he suddenly added "I have to cook something for you!" he jumped off the bed and headed to the doorway. Evan and I watched him leave and Elizabeth ran after him "Mikey! Wait for me!"

I felt Evan's gaze on me so I looked back at him, "Why did you react that way to father comment?" he asked "I mean, I know it was a mean comment but you seem to be someone strong who wouldn't be affected by people insults." he added panicked, he must be scared that I would break in tears again.

I hold my knees closer to me on a hug, "it's complicate" I mumbled "maybe I will explain when dad will be back..." I signed.

I absolutely didn't want to talk about that, it breaks my heart to talk about my dad's desperation and even to talk or hear talking about him in general even with how much I love him.

I realized that Evan was looking weirdly at me "dad?" he asked when he saw I noticed "hum... sorry, I meant Michael" I looked away kinda panicked "it's just I was thinking about my dad and I mistaken the words" I tried to explain my self - I mean it wasn't really a lie - Evan seems to believe my half lie because his confused look disappear from his face and he smiled "ok, I will wait till Mikey comes back" he said I looked back at him "I hope telling your story will make you feel better about it" he added happily.