Chapter 9: Nightmare

I woke up in the middle of the night with a weird feeling I was back at home in my room. I sat up in my bed feeling uneasy, something wasn't right.

After sitting there for few minutes I decided to leave my room and took the way to dad's room.

Seems like everything was a dream, or should I say a nightmare, dad's death, the orphanage, the street, the Pizzaplex, the past....

But it was so real...

At the same time, dad talked so much about his pas and his family and about the animatronics so I could imagine all of that easily.

Everything was dark, too dark but I couldn't find the light switch and hurt the walls multiple times.

'weird' I thought, 'I know this house more than myself I should be able to find my way without the lights.' I tried to find the light switch again but it was another fail 'and I usually know where the switches are...'

I kept waking through the corridor, my hand on the wall to feel the door when I reached it - dad's room was the second door on the right from my room - but I feel like I was walking for an eternity and I didn't pass any door.

My pulse began to go faster as the fear was growing inside me. It was like if I was back in the Pizzaplex, in one of these dark corridors with Endos following me but without the flashlight.

My breath was getting heavier and I had hard time keeping panic away but I kept walking forward hopping to reach dad's bedroom's door as soon as possible.

After few more minutes of walking I felt a hand on my shoulder and screamed.

"Calm down buddy it's just me" I heard dad's voice saying as the light turned on. I turned around to look at my dad and hugged him tightly my eyes getting wet.

It felt like an eternity I hadn't seen him and I was so happy that I completely forgot about the weirdness of the past few minutes - that actually felt like hours - and just kept embracing my dad who hugged me back.

I opened my eyes to see that we were not in the corridor anymore but in the living room 'Something is going wrong' I thought finally coming back to my thoughts.

Yet, I acted like it was nothing and followed dad in the kitchen when he told me we're gonna have breakfast.

Just before I sat on the kitchen chair I realized 'wait why is it already morning? The sun shouldn't be up it was the middle of the night a few seconds ago.'

I pushed that though away once again and began eating my breakfast that dad put on the table in front of me a second ago before siting in front of me and start eating his own.

I was so happy to see him again, yet, I was feeling weird and I knew that I couldn't ignore it forever but I kept doing it.

"Are you alright honey?" dad asked getting me out of my thoughts. I looked up to meet his gaze only to realize that he wasn't in front of me and in fact we weren't even in the kitchen anymore. We were sitting in the couch and dad was sitting on my right giving me a questioning look.

"I... I'm fine" I whispered looking down at my knees. Then, I felt my dad's hand pressing my shoulder a bit harder than he usually do and my chest got heavyer.

"You know you can tell me everything Gregory" he said. I shivered, his voice wasn't the light and calming voice he always had, it was hard and almost hateful.

I felt heavy and scared, everything here was weird; the time was changing too quickly like if there was time skips and everything in the house looked different like it was the house I grew up in, yet, everything was the same. Dad acted exactly the same but now sounded like if he was a different person, like if I was a different person.

My chest and brain were painful and the world around was getting blurry. Fog came all around and I wasn't in the house anymore, I was in the street where I spent so many nights, in this horrible orphanage, then in the street again. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks and my knees collapsed under me followed by the world all around me. I heard multiple voices coming from everywhere calling my name I couldn't identify most of them but some sounded like Vanny and Freddy so I assumed the others coming from the PizzaPlex as well. The world collapsed once more around me everything was dark and I felt heavy and like I was falling over and over letting out painful cries.

After what felt like an eternity of blurry pain and tears I heard a panicked voice calling my name...