Chapter 11

Flame scoops down to pick up my motionless form. Zaus goes to help but Flame snarls at him. "Don't touch her. Haven't you done enough damage?"

Zaus narrows his eyes at Flame as he takes hold of my hand on the walk to the recovery room. "You heard her say it had nothing to do with me so lay off."

Both men are glaring at each other when the nurse opens the door. "Oh my she's gone and done it again hasn't she." The nurse tsks and takes my body from Flame and places it on the bed. Zaus and Flame stand on either side as the nurse injects an IV of blood into my veins.

  "This never would have happened if you hadn't come along", Flame mutters under his breath but loud enough for Zaus to hear.

"Me! Shouldn't you be the one who makes sure she eats" Zaus retorts back.

"Why don't you come over here and say that again" Flame growls menacingly.

Zaus walks over to Flame and gets in his face, "It's. your. Fault." Flame snaps and launches at Zaus. Zaus and Flame go flying into the wall and knock medical supplies over. The nurse gets red faced and grabs both boys by their shirt collars and tosses them out. "I don't care what your silly argument is over but until you two can be civil don't come back",is what she says before slamming the door shut.

Zaus and Flame glare at each other before storming off in separate directions. I wake up to the sound of the nurse picking things up. I sit up groggily and rub my eyes.

"What happened here" I yawn.

The nurse shakes her head, "Your two suitors got into a fight and this is the result."

I blush and wave my hands, "No! No! You have it all wrong." The nurse looks at me and shakes her head. "Honey, those boys would do anything for you at a drop of a hat. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean others are so blind."

I shook my head, "I don't understand what you're talking about."

  She looked at me for a second before shaking her head. "Never mind. You will figure it out soon enough,but for now sleep." A wave of warmth rushes through and I fall quickly back to sleep.