Chapter 3

The maids started whispering as they saw Flame. Some of them blushed and others tripped over themselves. Flame winked at some of the maids and I shook my head, him and his good looks.

We make our way towards my room. “We sure showed them” Flame says with a grin.  “She I don’t know what you’re talking about when you say ‘we’. I did all the work” I say jokingly with a wink. “Oh really” Fang says with a raised eyebrow. “Yep” I smirk. “Okay, that’s it, I’ll show you whose tougher” Flame says with a devious grin.

Knowing what he is about to do I start racing towards my room. He chases after me threatening to tickle me till I admit he is stronger. I laugh as I get in the room and shut the door. “Darn it. Not fair, ” he says through the door. I smile, “Should have run faster. ” He just chuckles and I hear him turn around to guard the door.

I turn around and there I see my father. “Wha-what are you doing here” I ask. “I needed to tell you something, but you weren’t here so I decided to wait” he said. I looked down, “Raven look at me.” I look up and meet his eyes.

“I know you and Flame are close, but you are engaged now. It’s time you distance yourself some and start acting like an engaged lady” he said. “But father-“ I started. “No buts’” He said as he got up. “Father” I exclaimed. He continued to walk to my door and opened it. Pausing, he turned to look at me, “I’m serious Raven. You are next in line to rule. It’s time you stop acting like a child and grow up.”

I stared at his back until he shut the door. I collapsed to the floor. Some part of me thought my father wasn’t serious, but now I know that he is serious. I started crying and Flame knocked on the door. “Can I come in, ” he asked. I didn’t say a word and he opened the door.

He shut the door and walked over to me. Kneeling, he brought me into a hug. “It’ll be okay. This will all work out, ” he whispered. I cried harder and he continued to pet my hair till I stopped.

I wiped my eyes and laughed. “Sorry, I got your outfit wet” I said as I wiped my eyes. “What’s a wet spot or two compared to comforting you” Flame said. I looked up at him and smiled sadly. “Careful what you say to an engaged woman.” Raven-“ he started, but I shook my head as I stood up.

“My father’s right. I have a duty as the next ruler of this kingdom. I have to grow up and do what is needed of me.”

Flame looked down and I touched his cheek. “Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.”

I walked towards my door. “Come on lady killer, let’s go find Zaus” he looks up at me and I smile. I block how upset I am from Flame as he follows me and shuts the door.