Corsets Save Lives

Sherlock got a carriage for us, it's a rather small one, so I had no choice but to sit between Sherlock and the driver.

"Did you bring your dagger?" Sherlock whispers in my ear.

I lean away, slightly spooked at his sudden closeness.

"Of course, I brought several," I whisper back.

He nods, his blue eyes staring at the road ahead of us. I watch him curiously, his body is tense, much more than usual, and his jaw is clenched.

He's nervous.

That alone makes me even more anxious than I already was.

I rub my arms, I'm glad I wore a blouse and trousers, but I wish I had remembered to grab a coat.

Sherlock suddenly wraps an arm around me and pulls me closer to him, my body relaxes at the warmth coming from him.

"Sherlock-"

"Don't say anything."

I smile to myself. What a gentleman.

"We're here," the driver says.

The carriage stops and Sherlock helps me down. Enola and Tewkesbury exit the carriage as well, both of them blushing profusely. I raise an eyebrow at Enola, but she gives me a glare.

The four of us walk into the theater, and up the stairs to the seating area. I look around cautiously, something bad's definitely gonna happen.

"X marks the spot," Enola says, pulling a stack of papers from under a seat.

A woman joins us, she takes off her blond wig, revealing her red hair.

"Sarah," I whisper to myself.

Enola looks through the papers, "The contract between Lyon and McIntyre to change the phosphorus. This is what William stole for you, and the pages from the factory register. That's what you stole from the office."

"These are the names of the girls they killed," I say, reading the papers.

Sarah nods, "I couldn't let them be forgotten."

"This is proof that the girls are dying from the match factory, and they knew it all along."

"You two are bloody good detectives," Sarah says.

"And so are you, Sarah."

"I will make sure the world knows about this," says Tewkesbury.

"Thank you. Now we must find William, he was supposed to meet with me six hours ago."

Enola and I share a sad look, but Sherlock steps in.

"I'm afraid William won't be coming."

"I told him we had everything we needed, and that we should just go public. He said nobody would care unless we had someone in power who would listen. He was just trying to keep me safe, and now I've lost him," Sarah says sadly.

"You can't blame yourself," I tell her.

Enola nods, "We need to get moving or else we'll lose you too."

"Losing this....losing that."

Grail walks towards us, dragging Bessie along with him. Four men come from the other side, one holds a gun to Sherlock's head, while the other three point knives at the rest of us.

"I fucking knew this shit would happen," I say in annoyance.

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

I turn to Sherlock with wide eyes, "I thought it was obvious!"