Safer When I'm With You

TW: This chapter includes mentions of sexual assault and abuse. Please skip if these topics make you uncomfortable.

Sherlock, John, and I sit in the living room, discussing their case. Sherlock wanted to go back out in fear that the man would attack another woman. John and I had both agreed. It's only been an hour since his last attack, so it won't be long before he attacks again.

"I match his type, I think we should use me as bait."

John looks at me in shock, "Absolutely not."

"I can defend myself, and you two can follow me from afar. The only way we're gonna catch him is if we play his game."

"No."

I look at Sherlock, "This is our only chance."

"I won't let you do something so  dangerous," he snaps.

"Sherlock-"

He interrupts me, "You've already been fucking kidnapped because of me, there is absolutely no way in Hell that I'm letting you do this!"

"You're a man, Sherlock. You don't know what it feels like to be in fear every second of every day. You don't know the panic a woman feels every time she walks by a man," I reply.

I tighten my belt, and make sure my daggers are in place. "I'm willing to risk my safety to make sure that this man gets locked away."

"We can't stop you, can we?" John asks.

"No."

He nods and slides his coat on, "Then I'll follow you. Are you coming with Sherlock?"

Sherlock sighs but nods. And the three of us make our way outside, making sure to keep a distance between us.

~~°°••°°~~

I walk down the street, my arms wrapped around my torso, every now and then I flinch. Monsters prey on the ones they think are weak. It's been around thirty minutes since we left the apartment, I haven't seen Sherlock or John. A small part of me worries that they left, but I know they would never do that.

"Would you like a drink?" A man slurs.

I jump away from his stumbling body and bump into someone else. The man I bumped into grabs my arms, "Whoa, don't need you knocking me down."

His voice is smooth, and his accent is unfamiliar. Is he from Australia? I look up to see that he's tall, and has blond hair. My stomach drops. His lips pull upwards into a cocky smile, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

His hand covers my mouth as he drags me away, I try to kick, but my feet keep sliding out from underneath me. He forces me to the ground and straddles me. That cocky smile never leaving his face.

He holds my wrists down above me, "You're the one I've been looking for."

I jerk my knees up into his back, but he doesn't budge.

"Be quiet, or I'll slit your throat," he says, slowly removing his hand from my mouth.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a knife. The blade shines under the moonlight, causing my blood to run cold. I try to break free, but he holds the blade to my neck, "Stop moving."

He runs the blade down my chest, cutting along the front of my shirt. I hold my breath in fear that the blade would cut my skin. He moves the knife to my stomach, and I can feel him cutting my skin. Like he's carving into me. This is it. This is how I die. I just hope someone catches him before he leaves the alley. His hands move up and down my chest