Emotionless

"We've got to get to Sherlock's, he'll know how to help us," Enola says.

I pull the collared shirt away from my neck, "That boy was more than happy to switch clothes with us, but I don't blame him, I'd rather wear a dress than this itchy shirt too."

Enola knocks on Sherlock's door, he opens the door, and the two of us rush passed him. Enola begins to look around, and Sherlock scoffs.

"What are you two doing here, and what are you looking for?"

"There's no time to explain, brother. Do you have a place for us to hide?"

Sherlock looks to me but I look away. How am I supposed to explain that we're suspects in a murder case?

"There's a compartment behind my board, it should be big enough to hold the both of you."

Enola lifts the board up and climbs inside, I climb in beside her and tip my hat. "Thank you, Mr. Holmes."

He rolls his eyes and Enola drops the board. A loud knock from outside causes Enola and I to jump. I can hear the door open and muffled voices.

I put my ear against the board to try to hear what's being said.

"Lestrade of Scotland Yard. You remember me, I hope."

There's an awkward silence, I bite my hand to stop myself from laughing.

"Right..... You haven't happen to see your sister and that (L/n) girl recently, have you?"

"No, but what is it that you think they've done?"

"I wish I was at liberty to say, sir."

The muffled footsteps get closer, "Oh, your new case. Is it another Brixton Strangler? Or a Periwinkle? Don't tell me it's a Clerkenwell."

"What evidence do they have against my sister and her friend?"

"Perhaps, you tell me yours and I'll tell you mine."

The man is so socially awkward it makes me physically cringe.

"Government case, some missing money. Now you."

"Super wants to talk to them."

"Why?"

"Just following orders, Mr. Holmes."

"Or may I call you, Sherlock?"

There's another awkward silence.

"Graydon Lestrade. My father thought it distinguished, and it is rather."

The footsteps fade away, "Well, anyway, if you ever wish to call me that."

"Right," Sherlock says sharply.

The door closes and it's silent for a few seconds. I can hear a loud sigh, and I can only imagine the annoyed look on Sherlock's face.

The board is suddenly opened, Enola and I fall out, and I land on my face.

"My mistake, I should've warned you two that I was opening it."

Sherlock holds his hands out to us, Enola smacks his hand away and stands up on her own. I allow Sherlock to pull me to my feet, and once I'm standing I 'accidentally' stomp on his foot.

"Oops, my mistake."

I step away from him and look around his apartment.

Enola points to the board, "A government case?"

Sherlock shakes his head no and Enola sighs.

"You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine," she mocks.

"He's a ninny. I needed to know what he had on you two," Sherlock says.