Don't Be Ridiculous

"Are you going to at least tell me where we're going?"

It's a little past midnight now, right after we left the jail, Sherlock said he had a plan, but failed to explain what it is.

"We're going to meet an old friend."

I stop walking and try to bunch up my dress in my hands, it really is hard walking in this poofy thing.

Sherlock notices I'm no longer beside him and stops, he watches me struggle with my dress and sighs.

He walks back to me and carefully grabs the bottom of my dress.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I say, backing away.

"Trying to help."

He hands me the bottom of my dress, the material is smoothed out and folded, unlike the wrinkly ball I was carrying.

I grab the fabric, it's much easier to carry now.

I clear my throat, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

We start walking again, there's a few drunk guys passed out along the buildings. I watch as they mumble to themselves drunkenly.

"Reminds me of you," I say, pointing to a drunk man who is stumbling down the street.

Sherlock shakes his head, but I can see a hint of a smile on his face.

"We're here."

We stop in front of a small building, the lights are out, but he walks inside anyway.

I follow him cautiously and he walks towards what looks like an office.

"Have you any sense of what time it is?"

I spin around to see a woman walk out from the shadows. I look back at Sherlock, this must be the person he was talking about.

"Hello, Edith."

The woman shakes her head, "You're lucky, I almost broke your legs. Then I recognized the shoulders, you have very recognizable shoulders."

That is very true.

"Enola's been arrested."

Alright, straight to the point.

The woman tilts her head, "For what?"

"She's being framed for murder," Sherlock says.

"I see," she slowly looks to me, "And who might this be? Is she your girl?"

I shake my head quickly, "Absolutely not. I'm Enola's partner, we're working on a case together."

I stick my hand out for her to shake, "I'm (Y/n) (L/n)."

Her face brightens as she shakes my hand. "It's an honor to meet you. I'm a huge fan of your book!"

"Thank you, now back to, Enola. Sherlock said you could help get her out?"

Edith gives Sherlock a look, and he steps forward. "Please, Edith. I need your help."

"Well, like my mother always said, 'Those who can turn to others when they're in need are the truly brave amongst us.'"

"Your mother sounds very different to mine," Sherlock says.

They stare at each other, and I cough awkwardly.

"I'm gonna wait out there," I say, pointing to another room.

Sherlock nods and I make my way out of the room.

I can hear Sherlock sigh, "I tried to stop, Enola, but she's extremely dedicated to this case. I thought (Y/n) would stop once she saw how dangerous it is, but she's proving to be just as stubborn."