Moving On

The four of us sit in a fancy restaurant, and Sadie's eyes stay on my exposed neck. Sherlock and Finn are in the middle of a conversation, something business related. I pick at the food in front of me, too nervous to eat. Sherlock must've noticed because he leans in to whisper, "You need to eat."

He leans away and continues talking to Finn. Sadie is glaring at him now, her red lips frowning. Her hair has gotten longer since the last time I saw her, and the waves aren't as intense. My eyes drift to her left hand, staring at the expensive wedding ring.

She spins the ring around, hiding the gem. I look up to see that she's already looking at me.

"I need to go freshen up," I say, standing up.

I walk in the bathroom, thankful that no one else is here. My hands grip the sink as I stare at my reflection. The hickeys on my neck are darker now.

The door opens, and I turn to see Sadie locking it. "Hickeys? Really, (Y/n)?"

"Sherlock and I are very passionate," I say.

She rolls her eyes, "Yeah, I'm sure you two are."

"What is wrong with you? What my boyfriend and I do doesn't concern you."

Her eyes meet mine, "It does when I'm still in love with you."

I stagger back, hitting the wall behind me. "Don't say that."

She walks closer, "I never stopped loving you."

"Sadie, please."

She's standing in front of me now. Her hand brushes my hair over my shoulder. "I shouldn't have left you."

"Well, you did. And, I am incredibly thankful for it. Because, if you stayed, I never would've met Sherlock."

Her eyes are watery, "You don't mean that."

"I wish to marry him one day. I moved on, Sadie, and you should, too. Go be with your husband," I reply.

"How can I be with him when you're all I want?"

Her voice cracks, tears are streaming down her face now. My heart tightens at the sight, I've moved on, but I still care for her.

"You have to move on."

I try to walk by her, but she grabs my wrist, "I've thought about you every day since I left. And, I know you've thought of me too."

"I have thought about you, but not the way you think of me. My heart belongs to another. Why can't you realize that?"

She shakes her head, "I know you still love me."

"Why can't you leave me alone?! It took me years to get over you, and as soon as I do, you come waltzing back into my life, expecting me to drop everything for you! How can you be so selfish?"

We're both crying now, our voices raw with emotion. I can feel the anger that's built up slowly leaking out as I stare at her tear stained face.

"I was scared! I had to get married before my parents found out about us!"

I let out a sarcastic laugh, "So you decided to come back to me years later, and take what little bit of happiness I have away?"

"You don't love him."

"I do, Sadie. I love him more than I've ever loved before," I say.

She grabs my face, "He can't kiss or touch anywhere that I haven't."

"It's been years, I've already shed the skin you've touched," I reply, walking away.

She grabs me again, spinning me around to face her. Her lips meet mine, and I push her away, "What the fuck?!"