A Walk In The Park

Waking up to see Sherlock talking to policemen wasn't something I expected. I also didn't expect to see Greg and Jeff with them.

"What's going on?" I ask, stepping out of the bedroom.

I had changed my clothes the second I noticed they were here. The room fell quiet as I sat next to Sherlock. The policemen eyed me curiously while the brothers glared.

"Detective James has been murdered."

I flinch at Sherlock's words. I never met Detective James, but Sherlock and John talked about him all the time.

"Not to worry, Mr. Holmes. We'll handle the case," Greg says.

I glare at him as they walk out. Sherlock leans back on the couch, brushing his hair back with a sigh. I watch him, unsure of if I should comfort him and how I should.

He sits up and looks at me, "This doesn't make any sense. Detective James has been retired for years. Who would want to go after him?"

"Maybe someone he's locked up? Or maybe it was a random attack."

I get the feeling it wasn't, but I don't say anything. Who would murder a retired detective?

~~°°••°°~~

Enola had decided we should take the day off, so we met Tewkesbury and Timothée at the market. The young couple walk ahead of us, holding hands and pointing out different things. Timothée walks beside me, his green eyes scanning the area around us.

"I'm not a detective, but I do think it's a bit odd," he says.

"Right? There's something about this case that seems so out of place, but I can't figure it out."

He looks at me, "You shouldn't worry about it."

"Ah, yes. Let me just add that to my pile of things I shouldn't worry about, but do anyway."

He laughs, much to my dismay. Enola and Tewkesbury are nowhere to be seen now. I sigh, "It seems our dear friends have left us, Timmy Tim."

"Why do they always leave us?"

We continue walking, joking about random things. My eyes land on a familiar face, and I smile. Timothée notices and follows me nervously.

"Hello, Sherlock," I say, smiling up at him.

He smiles back, "What are you doing here?"

"We came here with Enola and Tewkesbury, but they left us," I answer.

He nods at Timothée, "I just saw Enola run that way. Didn't see Tewkesbury, though."

I stand up on my tippy toes and kiss him, his face turns red, and I smirk. "I'll see you tonight."

Timothée and I walk in the direction he had seen Enola. It didn't take us long to find her, and when we did, she pulled me into a hug.

"Oh, thank God! Tewkesbury and I have been looking everywhere for you two!"

I pull away from her, "Where is berryboy?"

"Stop calling me that."

I turn around to see a very annoyed Tewkesbury. "I can't help it."

He rolls his eyes, but there's a hint of a smile on his face. Enola grabs my hand, "Let's go to the park!"

So, we begin our journey to the park. The  boys walk behind us, having their own conversations. Enola and I talk about whatever comes to our minds. Sometimes, it makes sense, but most of the time, it doesn't. The two of us could speak in gibberish but somehow understand each other.

A little boy kicks his ball, and it lands in front of me. He gives me a nervous look, "Sorry ma'am."

I kick the ball back, and he smiles before running back to his friends. We continue walking, and I see a familiar face. Greg notices me and smirks, "Where's your bodyguard?"

"Who is this?" Enola asks.

Greg looks her up and down, "Ah, you must be Sherlock's younger sister."

"This is the guy Sherlock beat the shit out of."

Timothée and Tewkesbury stand behind us now. Greg eyes them as well and looks back at me, "He had an unfair advantage."

"I don't think being stronger is an unfair advantage," I say.

He scoffs, "Mouthy woman."

"Shouldn't you be investigating a murder case?" I ask.

His eyes widen ever so slightly, "I am."

"In a park?"

He nods, "Yes, now I must go investigate some more."

He leaves quickly, and that's when I notice he's limping. I look back at Enola, "Is it just me, or was that extremely suspicious?"

"No, I agree. Perhaps you should tell Sherlock. I think it'd be a good idea to keep an eye out on that man."

Author's Note: This is just a short filler chapter. Longer chapters will come soon! Also, thank you so much for 300k reads!