Jealousy, Jealousy

I sit on the couch next to Sherlock, reading a random fantasy book I bought yesterday. John is sitting at the dining table reading the newspaper, while Sherlock rests his head against the couch. Taking a short nap.

John suddenly smacks the newspaper down, causing Sherlock to jump. I set my book down and look at John in confusion, "Interesting article?"

"There's a ball tonight at the Marigold Manor, it's open to the public," he says.

"And?" Sherlock asks.

John smiles, "I think we should go."

I pick my book up and continue reading. I have no interest in dancing, especially when I've finally found a good book. John walks over to us, "I think it would do us some good to get out of the house."

"I don't dance," says Sherlock.

"I'm sure (Y/n) would love to go."

I set my book down with a sigh. "Why must you two interrupt my reading?"

"Come on, it'll be fun. And you still owe me Sherlock."

Sherlock sighs, "Fine."

"It starts in a couple of hours, so we should all get ready," John says, smiling.

I set my book down and walk over to the dresser in the corner where I've been keeping my clothes. Enola and I bought new dresses the other day, so I had a couple of different options. I pull the two dresses out and face John and Sherlock.

"Should I wear the blue one or the red one?" I ask.

"Red," they say, at the same time.

The red dress is stitched with gold thread in the shapes of various flowers. It was more expensive than I would've liked, but Enola had convinced me to buy it. I set the blue dress back down into the drawer and reach for my bag of makeup.

"You can get ready in my room," says Sherlock.

I nod and take my stuff to his room. Luckily, this dress is easy to lace up on your own. I remove my clothes and slide the dress on. Sherlock had bought a vanity a few days ago, saying that he needed another work desk and that this one just happened to come with a mirror. But I don't think that's the reason he bought it. Because I've been  here for three weeks instead of one, and he still refuses to let me go home.

~~°°••°°~~

I give myself one last look in the mirror, making sure my hair is pulled back correctly. I can't help but spin as well, watching the beautiful dress swirl around me. This dress was definitely worth the price. I feel like a princess.

"Are you ready?" Sherlock says, from the other side of the door.

I pull the door open, and his eyes trail up and down my body. When his eyes meet mine he smiles, "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I say shyly.

His eyes stay on me as I walk into the living room. John walks out of his room and stops when he sees me, "You make us look like slobs."

"Oh, please. You both look as handsome as ever," I reply.

My eyes land on my book. Hopefully, I can finish it tonight. That way, I can get the second one in the morning. Sherlock grabs the book and slides it into my purse before handing it to me. "You can read it when we get there."

I smile at him, and he takes my hand. John opens the door, "Let's try to get there before the crowd."

We walk out into the street, other couples walk the same way as us. All of them wear extravagant outfits, but as expensive as the women look, I can't help but admire my own outfit. I've never looked so feminine before, and I've never felt as beautiful either. John walks ahead of us, waving to the random men that call out his name. He was a rather popular man, much like Sherlock. However, he actually replied to the people who spoke to him.