Purple Is Your Color

Sherlock and I walk down the street, holding hands the whole time. He's laughing at a stupid joke I had said, his blue eyes shining brightly. I watch with a proud smile, knowing that I'm one of the few people who can bring that smile to his face.

We walk into the office building, waving at Edith as she tends to her customers. As we walk upstairs, I notice that Enola is yelling. Sherlock and I share a look before running up, I nearly fall in the process. But, when I make it to the top, I swing the door open. Ready to fight.

My eyes land on the familiar red hair, and my stomach drops. Enola looks at me with a sad look, "I tried to get her to leave."

There's a man standing next to Sadie. He has an annoyed look on his face, and I notice that he's constantly checking his watch. Sadie turns to me, her blue eyes scanning me up and down. There's a hint of longing in her eyes as they finally meet mine. I shake my head, "Why are you here?"

"I just wanted to see how you were doing."

The man next to her grabs her hand, his dark eyes glare into mine. I briefly remember him from when we were growing up. His family was very wealthy, and every girl dreamed of marrying him.

"(Y/n), this is my husband, Finn."

"It's nice to meet you, Finn. This is my boyfriend, Sherlock Holmes," I reply, staring right at Sadie.

Her eyes soften as her lips fall into a frown. She looks at Sherlock and gives him a fake smile, "Lovely to meet you."

Sherlock nods, his grip around my hand tightening. I move closer to him, ignoring the pained look on Sadie's face. Finn sticks his hand out to Sherlock, "I'm a huge fan of your work, sir."

Sherlock shakes his hand. "Thank you."

"We better get going, Sadie. I still have a meeting to attend. But maybe we can meet up for dinner?"

Sadie looks at me with hopeful eyes, practically begging me to accept the offer. Sherlock answers before I can, "We can meet here at eight."

"Great, we'll see you then," Sadie says, her eyes never leaving mine.

Sherlock and I step out of the way, allowing the two of them to leave. Sadie's hand brushes against mine as she walks by. When I look up, I notice that Sherlock is staring at me. I shake my head, "You shouldn't have agreed."

"She won't leave you alone until you at least talk to her (Y/n)."

Enola grabs my hands in hers, "It'll be okay."

"No, neither of you understand."

I pull away from her, "I'm going back to the apartment, tell Tewkesbury and Timothée I said hi."

Sherlock follows me, his hand grabbing mine once we get outside. He doesn't say anything as we walk home, and I'm glad. If he were to speak to me right now, I'm afraid I would snap.

We get to the apartment, and I take my shoes off. "I'm taking a bath."

I grab fresh clothes and go to the bathroom. I can hear him sigh, but I ignore it and step into the warm water. Maybe a long bath will settle my mind and emotions.

But as I sit in the water, I think of the time Sadie and I had found a creek. We were twenty at the time, and her parents were rushing her to find a husband. The two of us had taken our dresses off and jumped in the water, swimming around in our undergarments. I was afraid someone would see us, but Sadie had kissed me and told me not to worry.

I wasn't adventurous back then, as my father wouldn't have allowed me to do anything that wasn't lady-like. Sadie was rebellious. Her parents were a lot stricter than mine, but that never stopped her from sneaking out to see me.

My thoughts drift back to Sherlock, the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. I remember the night we had confessed to each other, the passionate kisses, and the way he looked at me. He is the one my heart longs for.

I pull my clothes on and walk out to see Sherlock sitting on the couch. I stand in front of him, "Is John here?"

"No," he replies, looking at me in confusion.

I sit in his lap, crashing my lips onto his. It takes him a few seconds to kiss back, but when he does, I smirk. His hands slide up my shirt, resting on my waist. I run my fingers through his curls and move my mouth to his neck. He lets out a groan as I mark his neck.

"You're doing this to get a rise out of your ex," he says.

I pull away from him, "I'm showing others what is mine. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Not at all."

He kisses my jaw, slowly trailing down the side of my neck. He bites at my skin, and I suck in a shaky breath, "Enjoying yourself, Mr. Holmes?"

"Not as much as you are."

His hands move to my back, grazing over my bra. He moves his mouth further down, stopping under my collarbone. I bite my lip, trying not to make any sound. The cockiness practically radiates off of him as he speaks against my skin, "I think we've made our point."

He places another kiss on my neck and leans back to look at me. I admire the small bruises on his neck, "I think purple is your color, Sherlock."

"Yes, but it looks much better on you. Especially when you're wearing that necklace."

My hand touches the necklace around my neck, a big grin on my face. His hands fall back to my waist, his fingers grazing my bare skin. He smiles, "Do you plan to sit in my lap forever?"

"Yes, it's quite comfy. And, I get an excellent view of that beautiful face of yours."

He rolls his eyes. "I think we should start getting ready."

I stand up, and walk over to the kitchen to pour a glass of water. Sherlock follows me, trapping me against the counter. I turn around to face him, "You should probably fix your hair and tie."

"And you should fix your hair and blouse."

He steps away, allowing me to walk to our room. I change into a dark blue dress and as I walk out I see that Sherlock is now wearing a dark blue tie. It matches my dress perfectly.

"Are you copying me, Mr. Holmes?"

He smiles when he sees me, "I suppose so. Although, you look much better than I do."

He brings out his pocket watch and sighs. "We're going to be late."

As we walk to the office my heart races. And, when Sadie and Finn come into view, it stops for a moment. Sherlock kisses the top of my head, "It'll be fine, love."

And I pray that it will be.