I'll Kiss Your Tears Away

Spending time with Sherlock at his childhood home was truly one of the best things I've experienced. The intimate nights and stolen kisses were everything I could ever dream of. But, I've noticed that since we've been back, he's been hesitant around me. There's even been a few times where he's accidentally tripped or knocked stuff down. Which is very uncommon for the stoic man.

I sigh as I walk into the office, "Your brother is driving me insane."

My voice stops as I observe the scene in front of me. Enola sits in Tewkesbury's lap, her hands are up his shirt, and his hands rest on her hips. I drop my bag to cover my eyes, letting out a dramatic yell in horror.

"Oh my God, my eyes!"

I can hear feet shuffling across the floor, and my hands are pulled away from my eyes. Enola stands in front of me with a red face, "There's no need to be so dramatic about it."

"And now you know how it feels," Tewkesbury says, smirking at me.

Enola raises her brows in confusion, "What is he talking about?"

"Good morning, my dear friends," Timothée says.

He stops when he notices the awkwardness in the room. "Is this a bad time?"

"Enola and Tewkesbury were snogging."

Timothée shrugs, "Most couples do."

Tewkesbury rolls his eyes at Timothée. Shortly after Sherlock and I returned from our trip, which was about three weeks ago, Timothée and Tewkesbury decided to remain friends. I don't know the full story, but from what I can gather, a pretty blond boy had caught Timothée's eye. And the feelings  Tewkesbury and Timothée had for each other seemed to be strictly platonic.

"Now, why is Sherlock driving you insane?" Enola asks.

I sit at my desk and run my fingers through my hair, "He's been acting weird since we got back from our trip. I can't quite explain it, but it feels like he's avoiding me."

Timothée and Tewkesbury look at each other, sharing a look I can't figure out. My eyes narrow as I try to decipher it. Enola pushes her way in between them, causing them to look away quickly.

"You know he can be a bit odd, and he's definitely not avoiding you," Enola says.

"Yeah, Sherlock would never avoid you. I'm sure he wants to spend the rest of his life with you," says Tewkesbury.

Timothée elbows him harshly, his green eyes glaring at the poor boy. Enola sighs, "You should talk to Sherlock about this."

"You're right. I'll talk to him tonight," I say.

Enola pulls me to my feet, "Nope, you'll talk to him now. And you can come tell me all about it tomorrow."

Her and Tewkesbury both push me out the door, making sure to shut and lock it behind me. I huff and make my way downstairs, passing Edith, who gives me a big smile.

According to Sherlock, he and John have been working on a case for a bank just down the road from here. So that's where I go. I try to keep my nerves at bay as I walk inside the building.

A woman greets me, but my focus is on the man with broad shoulders who just now noticed my presence.

"(Y/n), what are you doing here?"

I straighten my back, trying to appear more confident than I actually am. "I wish to speak with you."

"And this can't wait until tonight?"

John nudges him, "In my own personal experience, it's best to not ask any questions, and do as the woman says."

I nod at John's words, giving him an appreciative smile. He smiles back as Sherlock grabs my hand to lead me out of the building.