Chapter 3

Melody's POV

Chris and I have been walking around this school trying to find our math class and we have clearly been unsuccessful.Which might be a little bit of an understatement, I mean it has been almost ten minutes since our stupid search had began. I think we're just wandering around at this point like lost souls. Then we hear the final warning bell. Sherbit. Looks like we're going to be late for our first class, at our very new school. Yay! That means we have to deal with a teacher lecturing us about tardiness, or even worse a detention! Can you imagine, me getting  detention on my first day of school barely 30 minutes into the day. My brothers would skin me alive.

"Great, we're going to be late for our first class," I mutter.

"We're not just late Mel, we're really late." chuckles Chris.

"I'm not entirely sure that this is a laughing matter." I mutter back.

Then by the luck of the Moon Goddess I see someone. I quickly make my way to the person, who happens to be facing his locker and tap his shoulder lightly. Before asking for some directions.

"Erm...hi, sorry to bother you, but could you point me in the direction of Mr River's advanced math class?"

The guy turns his focus from the contents in his locker to me, who happens to be leaning against the locker next to him. All the while Chris stands on the side, on his phone without a worry in the world. It's not like we're late or anything!

As the guy turns to face me I notice his features. Soft blue eyes that appear hard with his blank face stare. Broad shoulders, short hair swept up out of his face, and he looks muscular. Now if we were at a normal human school I would assume that this guy is a jock from his physique. But I'm a big girl who knows better than to assume anything about anyone without knowing them first. That and the unmistakable aura that this guy releases tells me that he is either a beta or a third. I'm not entirely sure but he reeks of power and dominance, it's just not strong enough for him to be an Alpha.

The guy looks at me tentatively, as if he's finding the best response, then he decides to go with, "Let me guess, you guys are from Lakewood?"

I simply nod. I mean it seems like a bit of a stupid question, not that I plan on telling him that. Where the heck else would we be from, no other pack transferred and as far as I was aware no other students were enrolled other than those from Lakewood- that information is something I'm privy to as an Alpha's little sister. It's also information that my brothers would have shared with me anyway as a safety precaution because my wolf is a rarity.

He sighs deeply as if my question is an inconvenience to him but helps us nonetheless, "Go straight down this hall, then turn right, it's the first classroom you'll see."

Then he walks on, without another word. What a nice guy! So polite. I'm sure his parents would be so proud of his manners. He didn't even offer to walk us to the class if it was so close by.  We follow his directions and we eventually make it to the correct classroom. At least it wasn't a long walk. But now we face another problem, one slightly bigger than the last one... We're about fifteen minutes late for this class. Fantastic! My early deathbed is here. Death by tardiness, such a pathetic way to go. One would think I'd die from something a little more exciting like I don't know, a Rogue attack. At this point my only hope is that my very smart mouth will not get us into any more completely unnecessary trouble. I have a little feeling that my brothers wouldn't be too pleased with me if I managed to get kicked out of my first class at this new hellhole.

I bite my bottom lip nervously. I'm fine with being late, I just don't want to be the centre of attention when the dumb teacher undoubtebly calls us out for being late. Chris notices my facial expression and attempts to calm my anxious nerves by telling me that we're not gonna get into any trouble and that we won't attract too much attention. Being a white wolf everyone's attention is always on me, or my wolf even if it's not directed at me, it's attention I can't afford to have. Keyword there being he attempts and fails miserably. I mean how can I be okay when we're fifteen minutes late and I'm prone to getting into trouble. I really didn't want to get detention on my first day at this hellhole. Looks like it's a ;little too late for that. After that thought I see Chris raise his hand to knock on the classroom door before we make our way inside.