Chapter 8

Melody's POV

"Melody, what happened?" Mason says rushing towards me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

I watch as his now turquoise eyes rank over my body in search of any injuries. When he finds none his focus returns to my face. When his full attention is back on me I gulp. This is not going to be an easy conversation to have with the ten of them. If I could face palm without them noticing I would, but that may be too obvious that I totally fucked up. Excuse my vulgar language please. Please, please, please don't have massive freak outs until I've finished explaining everything I silently pray to the moon goddess. I don't think I would be able to deal with those as well.

"Melody, why have our eyes shifted turquoise? Mel, your silence is only making me worry more. What on earth happened?" exclaims Ashton, raising his voice slightly towards the end of his incessant questions.

Now both Ash and Mase are standing in front of me, when they finally register the waves of anxiety rolling off of me, realization crosses over their faces. They must have realized that anxiety and nerves are what they must be feeling. I'm so nervous that my hands are trembling and my heart feels like it's running a marathon. Ash and Mase share a look before they both engulf me in a hug.

I release a sigh as my body sags against the two of them, the nerves leaving my body allowing me to relax in my big brothers' arms. But, then I realize that a not so nice conversation is in our near future and I tense in their arms once more. I genuinely need a break right now, just a second or two to take a breather.

"I'm glad you are fine physically. We were so worried when we felt our eyes shift. We didn't even have a moment to process your emotions that we felt. Instead the two of us went into full on panic mode. You gave us a scare Mel." Says Ashton with concern flashing over his face.

Immediately Mason nods and I see my cousins in my peripheral view nodding their heads. Each of them standing up straight and tensed, their bodies taunt ready to spring into action if necessary, arms crossed over their chests.

"Neither of us realized how anxious you were feeling." Mutters Mason.

My brothers and I share a very unique sibling bond. I suppose a lot of it has to do with me being a white shifter. But, unlike most werewolves even our wolves are exceptionally close siblings. It's more than rare for our wolves to get so angry with each other that they will growl or even attempt to hurt each other. Which apparently happens to other wolves on occasion. Going back to our unique sibling bond, we have this greater awareness of each other. We can feel when one of us are endanger, or when they have very strong negative emotions flowing through them. When that happens our eyes shift, unlike shifting black like when our wolves are on the surface they shift to other colours. For me, Ashton and Mason's eyes shift a bright blue almost turquoise when I am in trouble. When Ash is in trouble, my eyes and Mason's turn blood red. And when Mase is in trouble my eyes and Ashton's turn an emerald green.

Instead of answering them straight away, I close my eyes and take a deep breath in before I rush out the words, " Imetmymate. He'sanAlpha. IranawayfromhimbeforeIcouldtellhimwhoIreallyam..."

Instead of a response I hear crickets so I open my own eye to take a look at my audience. All my cousins arms are no longer crossed over their chests, nope, their arms have fallen to their sides in shock. That's not the only thing. Everyone is sporting the mouth open look. Slightly concerning, they might accidentally catch some flies. I mean it is extra protein but it's not exactly hygienic, I scrunch my nose up at the thought. They are all also blinking really slowly. I may have broken everyone.

Then suddenly, the silence is interrupted by Jace's, "Huh?"

I let out an exasperated sigh as I opened my other eye. I drag my hand over my face before I attempt to answer him.