Chapter 14

Melody's POV

The drive to school was largely uneventful, I successfully managed to get from home to hell safely and in one piece. So I'd say it's a big win. Even though I'd much rather be under the covers snoozing away. Alas I have school. At least I get to see my friends, the only positive thing about school.

Afterwards, I managed to find a parking spot, which for some reason was a difficult task this morning. I quickly put my car into park and got out. As soon as I closed my car door, I noticed this massive crowd of people taking up all the space in the student parking area. I instantly became slightly irritated. But, in my gut I knew something big was happening. And my gut, my gut told me Alec was involved. At that moment I didn't hesitate to push myself through the crowd so that I could see with my own eyes what all the fuss was about. And to make sure my mate was alright. In that moment I was just a follower like everyone else, but it didn't come from a place of nosiness, it came from a place of concern for my mate. Not sure I can say the same for everyone else. After successfully pushing many bystanders out of my way, I was finally in front of the masses. The crowd was surrounding Alec-I told you so, beating up another guy. The crowd was cheering the fight on like a bunch of idiots. I can so imagine my eldest brother rolling his eyes and muttering the words, "Teenagers" under his breath. And from the looks of the other guy's attire he was a footballer, his letterman jacket was getting full of blood.

My senses finally took note of all the other people around me. Someone on my right whispered rather loudly,

"Why is the Alpha Alec of Silvermoon, beating up the Beta Dex of Shadow Sole?"

Fuck.

He was beating the shit out of Ava's Ex-mate. My mate had clearly tackled the beta to the floor, where the beta was held up by the neck of his shirt as Alec threw punch after punch at his face. The poor idiot's face was covered in blood. His one eye was already turning blue too, and it looked like it was starting to swell. I cringed a little when Alec drew his hand back and aimed it at the betas nose. I watched in fascination how Alec's muscular arm was aimed at the Beta's face. My eyes fluttered closed instinctively at the sound of bone breaking before a pathetic howl was heard. Well I'm not sure if that can be considered a howl. It sounded far too much like a whimper to me. But, if we needed to determine a winner of this little fight, I'd definitely have to say it was Alec. And I wouldn't be biased towards my mate. Anyone with half a brain could see that Alec was clearly the victor.

The Beta's head fell back to the floor in a thud and he also lost consciousness immediately. At that moment I noticed two guy's opposite me in the crowd pushing their way through. I took a subtle sniff in their direction to try and identify who they were. Definitely high ranking wolves from the smell of it. When they broke the line of the bystanders they immediately went over to Alec. Each one grabbed one of Alec's arms and pulled him away from the Beta's body before he could do any more harm. As they held him a short distance from the body, another person entered the scene from my left. I took note of Alec's face and his eyes were almost pitch black, his wolf just a breath away from the surface. I watched in awe as his eyes shifted quickly between his and his wolf's. From the smell of it, the new person who entered what I will dub the 'fight circle' was an Alpha too.

"Mel, if anything happens to our mate and we can't be there because of your stupidity I will kill you," threatened my wolf.

Eh, I'm not too worried about Viola's threat. She's all bark and not bite.

"I can hear your thoughts, bitch." Vi, snickers.

"What is happening?" Bellowed the other Alpha.

I jumped a little, the noise taking me by surprise. I turned my attention towards Alec as the other Alpha awaited his response. Alec let out a growl and I watched as his eyes shifted between black and brown again. Eventually Alec gained control over his wolf. But neither wolf or human were in good spirits, in fact that both looked murderous or downright pissed. Either worked well in describing them.