Chapter 13.1

Melody's POV

This morning as I was getting dressed for hell, I mean school, I put a reasonably bad plan together. What plan was I talking about? Well, the plan to reveal everything to my mate, of course! I could feel Viola snicker at my definition of a 'plan.'Huffing out in annoyance at me.

"Oh, yeah, everything is going to go great with your 'perfect plan'" Huffed out an irate Viola, stomping her feet before laying on her forelegs in my mind's eye.

Rolling my eyes at her in return, I muttered out loud, "The plan doesn't necessarily need to be perfect, it just has to work. Hopefully this plan will work."

I'll admit my plan is horrible. There are so many gaps and loose ends that I can't really account for. So it's basically me winging the entire situation, with a general idea of what I want to happen. Which is obviously less than ideal. This stellar plan goes a little like this: at my concert on Friday, which is only three days away, hopefully Alec shows up; I mean he will show up, knowing it's a chance to catch his mate this time. Why on earth does it feel like I'm convincing myself of this too? Shaking my head in hopes my anxieties will disappear and allow me to get back to my spectacular plan, I breathe in deeply and exhale slowly letting out a shaky breathe. Then after ensuring his arrival at my concert, I'll have to draw him out of the crowd and preferably into my dressing room. I don't need all the stage, sound and general concert crew knowing my identity if I simply tell him backstage. Once I've gotten him alone, I'll tell him about my double life. The exposing of my secrets will obviously only commence after my show.

My biggest issue right now is figuring out how the hell I'm going to draw Alec out of the crowd.

"Really? That's the only issue with that plan?" snickers Viola.

"Vi, I really don't need you to add your exceptionally unhelpful five cents!" I bark back, fanning my now red face with my right hand due to my outburst with Viola and my rising anxiety over the entire situation.

I grab my bag from its place on my armchair and meander downstairs, with the words, 'I hope Alec doesn't reject me because I ran away from him and because of how complicated my life appears to be...' ringing through my ears on repeat.

I take the stairs two at a time hoping for Friday to come quickly, so that I can finally get this over with. As I reach the last step, my mind wanders to Ava. I hope she's doing okay after the whole rejection business. I can't even begin to imagine what she must be going through and how hard it must be. I hope she realises how strong she is, because if I was in her position, I would not have had the courage to get up the next morning like she did. I would probably wither away. I hope she knows that I'll be there for her if she needs me.

When I finally made my way into the kitchen the harsh whispers of my family members ceased, as I made my appearance. Hmmm, strange. But, nothing could dampen my hopeful mood as I took them through my decent plan of action. When no one made a comment about how bad my plan was my suspicion further heightened. Instead they all sat around the kitchen counter nodding absentmindedly with a far away look in their eyes. That should have been my indicator that something was definitely wrong, but again I shrugged off my gut feeling anyway. Telling myself that it was simply my imagination playing tricks on me.

I asked them for help regarding the plan to get Alec to follow me and they all half-heartedly agreed. I once again shrugged off that feeling biting away at the back of my head, instead I did a little happy dance before rushing off to school.

Ashton's POV

5 hours earlier

I jolted awake at the sound of Hunter and Jace's combined voice in my head. Groggily I rubbed at my eyes trying to wake myself up quickly. I sat up in my bed and the words they were yelling through mind link finally started making sense.