Chapter 5

Melody's POV

I would love to say that I woke up this morning to the pleasant sound of birds chirping, but that would be a massive lie. Because in the very early hours of the morning there are very few pleasant things that exist. Unfortunately for me, who is most definitely not a morning person, the sound of birds chirping can actually be compared to someone dragging their nails across a blackboard. It does not sound particularly great in my groggy state. Instead I was shaken awake by none other than my obnoxious eldest brother, Ashton. Who, when I opened one eye to squint at him, he simply smiled and removed his hands from my shoulders.

With a bigger smile tugging at his lips he said, "You slept through your alarm clock again kiddo."

Leaning against my headboard, I covered my hand over my mouth as I yet out a yawn. After which I lazily rubbed hands over my crust filled eyes, opening them fully to look at Ashton properly without slightly distorted vision.

"Really?" I managed to tumble out in a hoarse voice.

The chirpy "yip." I received in response did manage to get on my nerves far more than I would ever like to admit to anyone let alone admit to myself. The massive smile that stretched across Ash's face when he saw my miserable one didn't seem to help either.

After giving me a kiss on the forehead Ash swiftly made his way out of my bedroom, closing the door behind him. I would be lying if I said I managed to get up immediately after he had left to get ready for the day. Instead as soon as my room door closed I dramatically fell back onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. It was my attempt to mentally prepare myself for the day of hell I was about to endure. With an exasperated sigh I climbed out of my really comfy bed and made my way over to my bathroom.

I quickly did my business and my skincare routine before I dragged my feet over to my walk in closet. My outfit today consisted of a pink shirt and light blue ripped denim jeans. An accessory I chose to add to my hair was a pink bow, which I used to style my hair in a half up half down hair do. I finished off my outfit with a pair of sandals before I made my way downstairs.

Once I reached the bustling part of the house, the kitchen filled with the loud voices of my family, I had to take a deep breath before walking into the chaos that we always manage to make the kitchen in the morning. My morning was as interesting today as it was yesterday. I grabbed something to eat and took my bag from its resting place on one of the stools at the kitchen counter. Then I greeted my family, making sure to kiss each of them on the cheek. I never hear the end of it when I'm in a rush and simply call out a greeting before leaving. As I make my way towards my car I hope that school will be as uninteresting as my morning has been.

I quickly made my way towards my car and buckled myself inside. I turned my car on, made sure to put the radio on softly and I took off. Humming along to the tunes on the radio helped me find a sense of peace before the disaster that can be high school. Thanks to my stellar driving I made it to school at exactly 08:00. Which just so happens to be an entire 20 minutes earlier than I arrived at school yesterday. What's that saying? The early bird catches the worm? Ughhhh. How unfortunate that I will be here at school for 20 minutes longer than I was yesterday. I'm not too concerned with catching any slimy worms. The only positive is that maybe this time I won't be late for any classes. I cannot deal with obnoxious teachers' again today. Especially teachers who lack common sense. But it doesn't exactly feel like a win-win situation, more like a lose-lose situation.

I seriously need to find something uneventful to fill the next 30 minutes before hell begins again today. Hmmm... First things first, I should probably try and prepare for the rest of my day at hell. With that thought in mind I wander over to my locker. Where I grab each book I'll need for the first half of the day. From my locker I decide to check out the school library to waste some time. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a good book to read in my spare time.